Deciding on a good AA LED light

Information Exchanger

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have gone through the same search, and wasted quite a bit of money buying various lights. At least now I have something to compare with. I found the best for the money AA, and perhaps the best overall to be a light found at Superbrightleds.com (their brand), model # ITL-15. It is just about the only flashlight these guys sell, and has become my favorite overall, and almost constant companion.

The light cost $39.95 and has the latest Cree 7090 XR-E R2 emitter. It has a type III hard anodized finish, and nice machining, and can be used for tactical purposes. It will use any AA (single) battery, and is regulated. With an ordinary AA you can get 130 lumens, but with a rechargable Lith-ion battery which it will also accept which boosts the voltage to 3.7V you will get 205 lumens. It throws a very long clear beam (several hundred feet which you will get very clear reflections back), and it has a very nice, even, somewhat large bright spot, and a very nice large halo/spill over to really light up an area. This is most likely because of a great emitter, and also becuase of the alum reflector which is textured near the emitter, but smooth toward the lens which is tempered glass. The light also has a variable output down to a surprizingly bright low of around 10 lumens, that will give you more than 50 hours of light from one AA battery, or one charge.

Go to the website and check it out. It is really a very nice light. I bought one, and then after finding out how really good it is, bought two more. It beats most of my other lights reguardless of size or cost, even most of the very big, very powerful ones, are not much better. However, this one is so handy, and slips into a pocket, and can be taken back packing, and with an extra battery or two can take care of you for a couple of weeks, or more, and gives you both a bright light, and a practical light.

I also think that it is worth getting the rechargeables from Battery Junction. Then you will have a really great light regardless of size, and even with the lith-ions and charger you will be well under your budget. However, the light will use any AA battery, even the NiMH 1.2 v rechargables. You just give up a little bit of brightness, but even then it is still plenty bright.

I think this is this little light is the bargain everyone is hunting for. That is why I am raving over it. I just wish I would have found it a couple of hundred dollars ago. Now I have a whole box full of give-a-way led lights that I will hardly ever use. Good luck to you, I hope this helps out, if not you then perhaps another reader. Again the the site I found it on is superbrightleds.com. Model# ITL-15, and the cost is $39.95 with a flat $5.00 shipping charge, and they are in ST. Louis Missouri, and ship them out within one day. Mine arrived in about 3 or 4 days to the state of Washington.