Defiant flashlights from Home Depot

Nalapombu

Newly Enlightened
If anyone has one of the Defiant 650 Lumen lights that were selling for $9 or so that they don't need and would like to sell, I'd like to have it. NONE of the stores anywhere around me have them. If you go to your HD store and see that deal and could pick me up one and send it to me, I'd really like to have it.

Thanks

Nalajr

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Potential Mod to Armormax 3D to make it single-mode...

I read the following in the reviews (first one in the list) for the Armormax 3D on Home Despot's web site... has anyone here tried this and can verify that the following procedure is effective?

I would only recommend this product to someone with a few electrical skills or enough aptitude to modify the small circuit board that is wired to the LED through the heat sink (the board with the spring that contacts the batteries). I now only have one setting, 590 LUMENS, which is the only reason I bought the light. It is absurd that they make you cycle through all that strobe stuff. I called tech and they state there is not a version of this without cycled modes. Without this modification I was prepared to return it as useless junk. So.... If one were to move the red wire from terminal L2+ to terminal L1+ it would become a single mode 590 Lumen beast. Now it kicks butt! See uploaded photo for what the completed modification looks like. And FYI, this will void the warranty... But if its really indestructible, for $30 it is worth it!