DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

hikingman

Enlightened
Hi, i am the constructor of the Black Bullet X... .hikingman, my Bullet is made in good old germany...

Oh, oh, I knew this would happen! Markus, my made in America comment was NOT meant to offend anyone else's country or the quality of their work. It was made only to say that if something is made here and I like it, I want to buy home grown, that's all. I enjoyed your comments.

By the way, I was once a proud owner of a Leica M6 and 9 of their best lenses. I should have 9 holes in my head for selling them when I thought Leica was never going to go digital. I slap myself over that decision.

Dave

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

i think i didn´t misunderstood your comment, i am also proud of products that are made in germany. also for example apple, that they will produce their new Mac Pro in the states. We have to rethink about production in China, Taiwan or wherever under those inhuman conditions.
leica: the good cams are unpayable. but canon is good enough for me and my requirement.

markus

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Can you be certain which ones are not under surveilance? After the underwear bomber, "they" may not understand the context.

If the media are under surveillance, so would your underwear.

You have already announced on line, to the world, that you wet your pants. The journalists, in prison, of course, are the ones with no internet access, and would not know unless we alerted them.

By the time they find out and respond, the story may have evaporated though.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You have already announced on line, to the world, that you wet your pants.

In the inimitable words of Ronald Reagan, "there you go again," repeatedly quoting things that were not said. People don't actually read what is written anymore. Except for Hikingman, that is.

No mailing notice today. I'm beginning to wonder if that 1311 dude is actually getting Saab's only prototype, and we are back to square one here.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Man I am so glad I abandoned this cluster&^*%^ a long tome ago! Lux I hope you are enjoying your 007! I get my IMRs today from Lighthound. Can't wait to test it out!!

I'm completely enjoying the 007, but also waiting on the red IMR's from Lighthound to fully appreciate it. Big learning curve to get it doing all the programming tricks.

hikingman

Enlightened
No mailing notice today. I'm beginning to wonder if that 1311 dude is actually getting Saab's only prototype, and we are back to square one here.

And no updates explaining delays or progress as you suggested to him either. While I really don't care, speaking strictly for myself, if my copy of the Deft-X has 800k, 850k, 900k, or ad nauseum k cd's, I'm wondering if the "Black Bullet" has Saab rattled a bit.

Dave

Last edited:

Husker

Enlightened

easilyled

Flashaholic

Frank1967

Enlightened
I'm completely enjoying the 007, but also waiting on the red IMR's from Lighthound to fully appreciate it. Big learning curve to get it doing all the programming tricks.
Especially since what I found was outdated for the XM-L2. With the help of a fellow Spy enthusiast I did figure it out. I have the 6th position set to the 3300mA level and other positions stock. Hilarious going from 5th to the 6th position. For something that small putting out 1300 lumens is crazy! you will LOVE it with the IMRs.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an effort to try and keep everybody updated as to what is going on. I know I need to do better in that regard.

Click on the picture below for a short clip of me cutting out the pedestals for the DEFT-X.

I had saved what I figured to be a very easy job to the very last. Cutting out the pedestals. It is really but it took some doing as I ended up breaking almost all my end mills trying to dial in the right feed and speed. I also am about out of metal so ordered some more a few hours ago. Got that squared away though and have some parts that I can use to finish out some lights this week.

I also freaked out because I couldn't find the AR coated glass lenses I bought back at the beginning of January. Searched for them for two days until Mandy found them. The shop has been rearranged several times since then and I have had several things go missing. All is well though.

I wanted to show you some pictures of the completed inside. I use AR coated glass to make for a sealed environment around the LED and collar.

This particular light is complete but I don't know if I will be shipping this out. The epoxy migrated a little too far for my taste. I actually use two kinds of epoxy to adhere the glass together. I have to use two kinds because I need the unique properties each one possesses. One is designed to create the bond that is resistant to shock and CTE stresses while the other allows me to achieve a nice finished look due to its high surface tension and flow properties.

This is just a shot to try and show the AR coat.

The bezel production is not going quite as well as I would like. Nothing that can't be overcome. Just needing to get Mandy and Bobby trained on how to do them properly. I told you these were tricky to cast. Mandy who has been casting things for us for years is having a hard time. I know it can be done though as I can get it done every time so it is just a matter of time before they get the hang of it. I just can't do everything myself. Got plenty on my plate and I have been working hard to delegate. It is hard for me to do.