Deoxit and Progold

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Deoxit & Progold CHEERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

+

Just a shout out to FASTCAR ~ Dave

Anyway, if you don't have DeoxIT, get some!!!
Cleaning all your contacts is like going up one bin in lumens, really...:D

*I'v been using it about 5 months, and have used <1ml for all my lights and computer.

Last edited:

kenzo

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone know if detoxit evaporates by itself? If it does :D i might get some (to clean contacts for light) but also to fix my Sony Ericsson joystick + charger.

__philippe

Enlightened

Recent sighting on eBay:

Deoxit Caig Pro Gold pen 6ml (G100P) - USD 7.00

USD 2.00 shipping (continental US)
USD 2.70 shipping (Europe)

(search on vendor name misccrap...;-)

Cheers,

__philippe

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does anyone know if detoxit evaporates by itself? If it does :D i might get some (to clean contacts for light) but also to fix my Sony Ericsson joystick + charger.

I think the spray does. There's the spray, the pens, the little dropper tubes. I think the spay cans say fast drying, and it does seem to evaporate away. The pens seem to leave more of a liquid behind, and the dropper is supposed to be a lubricant as well as a contact treatment and doesn't evaporate away.

creampuff

Newly Enlightened

Sorry about this stupid question - but for your standard M*g85 mod, what are the points of contact that you use Deoxit on?

Is it just the the battery contacts? Or do you also dexoxit where the body contacts the tail cap?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you posted this 4sevens! I had no idea you carried this fantastic stuff (you have already shipped my order- super fast as always). On a side note, I might mention I have a can of each of the exact same stuff, and don't really like it. The small squeeze tubes will be much easier to use, as the spray cans tend to waste a lot of the stuff.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ordered a 10-pack of each the Deoxit and Deoxit Gold 2ml 100% solution from the Fenix-Store.

Great folks to deal with.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Ordered a 10-pack of each the Deoxit and Deoxit Gold 2ml 100% solution from the Fenix-Store.

Great folks to deal with.

You must go through an abundance of it! Either that or you're just stock piling some. :)

TodToh

Newly Enlightened
Re: Deoxit & Progold

I only rub it with lighter fuel (such as ronson or zippo).
It pretty good and cheap.:cool:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Progold/deoxit?

Whats so special about this stuff? I typically just use rubbing alcohol on my contacts and that works great. Its its an extreme environment situation (for an example, lets say like a electrical plug on a car's wiring harness) I'll use silicone grease, or possibly copper anti-sieze (mag tailcap threads, spark plugs and the like).

So again, what makes progold/deoxit stuff so much better than rubbing alcohol to clean contacts?

scottaw

Enlightened
Re: Progold/deoxit?

I use the red to clean, just b/c i got it in a 2 pack, but the gold you leave in place to make better contact. Does it work better than other stuff, I have no idea, but my lights all work great.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

You must go through an abundance of it! Either that or you're just stock piling some. :)
Both...:D

Since discovering these 2 products, I have become a loyal follower. :D

da.gee

Enlightened

For speaker wire would you put Deoxit on the exposed bare wire? Would it do anything for video component cables? Sounds like a great product I need to find a use for.

noleincol

Newly Enlightened

Use Deoxit Gold on bare wire will slow oxidation and will improve video performance on component cables. Better performance would be achieved with Stabilant 22 on most audio, video, & electrical contacts, including flashlights. Automobile manufacturers & NASA are among the users of Stabilant 22. Check their website.

Zephyr

Enlightened

I am actually one of those skeptics thingking that this is just a marketing gimmick. But my goodness, this product actually works! I'm addicted to this thing now. I just want to spray everything electronic in my house!

da.gee

Enlightened

Thanks for the info all. It's great when a product actually performs as advertised.