Design Your Own... NO limits

DaGeek

Enlightened
A single AA flashlight that puts out 1 million CP and has a 10hr runtime.

d'mo

Enlightened
Oooh, I'd really like one of those "flashlight lasers" from Larry Niven's Ringworld series. Variable beam control from 180° to laser spot and intensity from dim to slice stuff up in any color of the spectrum. All this with an "enexhaustable" power supply. Drool, drool...

Zackerty

Enlightened
2 x 5 watt Luxeon, variable flexible reflector- from wide flood to spot,10 levels of light, titanium body, LiIon power, absolutely waterproof..... voice controlled on/10 different levels/off.
NOW!!!

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2AA Mag, In HAIII, with a UCL lens, and metal reflector. It would retain its adjustable focus but have a perfect beam at all levels, you could also make it a bit more laser like. It would have one of those 200 W luxeons with a 95% efficiency rate. It would have about 500 levels, ranging from that of .5 lumens up to about 5000, with being able to go from laser focus to a 170 degree flood, and every where in-between.

It would run off cold fusion, in the form of water. It would also be submersible to 5000 feet and completely fireproof.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
A stainless steel 3 watt luxeon star, regulated and optimized to run on AA NiMH that is waterproof to 50+ feet deep, has teflon threads, TiN plated, variable output settings, rhodium reflector, polycarbonate lens, lots of grooves fitted for trintium vials, and an adjustable spot, at 6 inches or less in legnth, able to stand on it's end, and if it's on it's frot end, has grooves so you can see if it is on. Also an anti-roll design. A very thick lanyard holder, with a wrist attachment strong enough to allow your flashlight to serve as numbchucks. Legal in every state in the united states, also. MAYBE a laserpointer in the rear. Not sure on that one yet.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 3 designs:
Design 1:

something puck shaped about 4cm across and 1cm thick, with a big green button on the top. when you press the button the thing softly glows and illuminates everything for a mile around, with an abrupt end to the light after said mile. its charged by placing near a WI-FI device, and for every 5 seconds it is within 1 meter of said WIFI device it lasts for 12 hours. no limit to how much juice it can store.

Design Two:

About the size of a standard USB memory stick, with rounded ends and a USB port in the back. one small-ish red button on the top near the front. press the button and it projects a menu of functions accessible by more button presses. charged by USB, similar to above unit, 5 seconds of charging gives it 4 hours of runtime. no limit to how long it can last.

design 3:

size of Hotbeam's Pocketmate-W, with 500w of pure LED power out the front, and a logarithmic 10-turn dial in front of the button. output ranges from 0.5w to 500w (duh)
plugs in to mains to charge (take off tailcap and extend 1.5m mains lead). like above, 5 seconds of charging gives 1 hour of runtime at 500w output. no limit to how much juice it can hold. shoots out so many photons so fast that, if placed upside down, will lift off and in the course of 15 seconds lift 6 feet in the air.also, a prickerator that makes the thing act exactly like a lightsaber, only its 15 miles long max, with length adjustable by the Supa Smartdial /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

also, charge any of the above in for a month, and they will run continous for longer than you will live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

colours? all black with white light excepting the coloured buttons.

finish? umm, entire thing made of Unobtainium..... think the hardness/durability of a diamond times 5 million /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif also everything is infinitely stretchable. moldable like putty. only limit is the key tailcap and a 1 inch hole (light output) for D3, the button for D1 and the button, USB plug and a 5mm hole for D2.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WHOOP WHOOP

neg

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I like the idea of being able to float it. So how about an implant that allows you to open a dimensional portal. The 'doorway' can be controlled as to size, direction, focus, light/heat transmitance (includes color control) and the other end's distance from sun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif controlled by thought of course. So you would have a light that could vaporize a large or small area, be good for reading at night, you could send it say up to 1 mile away to see what is going bump in the night or just have it float in a room and make a light show. I suppose you could even have it lase like the magnetic control field caused light to do in 'Ring World'.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Small, thin, lightweight LED (or equivalent) based flashlight powered by one AAAA or N battery. Variable beam angle/width. Variable power output. Variable beam color selection. Throw up to 1 mile at maximum power. Battery life of at least 24 hours at maximum power with absolute FLAT regulation.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, thought about this for a bit...and realised that I've pretty much got both of my dream lights already. Duel brightness light, small enough to stuff in my pocket, bright enough on high to cover most everyday situations, but enough on low as well to see around the house at night, medium flood rather than spot. Got it. SF L2.

The other one, Spotlight of Doom...Thor, got it. Guess I'm just easy to please.

Only other light I'd like, would be an Osram Dulux Mini with a tube which you can replace without having to hack apart PL type compact fluorescent bulbs to get the tubes!

Latest posts