Designing an LED flashlight for Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Congratulations on launching this project! I'm in with the Ti fully loaded, too - looking forward to this light -- many of my favorite features together in one AA package.

Last edited:

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
I have never participated in a Kickstart project. When do the funds get withdrawn from my account? If this doesn't reach its goal are the funds returned?

jashhash

Enlightened
Funds are not withdrawn from your account until the campaign is completely over. If the campaign doesn't reach it's funding goal then your account wont be charged at all. Also you can still cancel your pledge or modify your pledge category any time up until the end of the campaign.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on launching this.
Any plans to sell these online post-kickstarter?
Or are you just making and selling for kickstarter only?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Backed project! Still prefer sites that use PayPal, but I have to get one of these!

holygeez03

Enlightened
When will the reviews be available?

If it had a momentary function on highest setting, I would seriously consider it for replacing my Quark Tactical Neutral that I use with a 14500. That Quark still has my favorite switch for momentary usage.

I love the look of the Firefly and the trits, but I really need it to do something that my Zebralights and Quarks can't do in order to spend that much money.

Not trying to be condescending... but can someone explain what this light provides, besides the trits, that isn't being done by other manufacturers for less money?

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like the reviewers should have had theirs delivered and written their reviews prior to launching on Kickstarter.

I would have have like reading reviews prior to backing.

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
Seems like the reviewers should have had theirs delivered and written their reviews prior to launching on Kickstarter.

I would have have like reading reviews prior to backing.

Well, when the reviews come out, if you're not happy with what you read/see, you can always cancel your pledge. But hopefully the reviews will be very favorable and there will be no need for that.

I know I sound like a broken record, but WHERE are the Early Bird specials for the Aluminum and Stainless Steel versions?!!!

Come on jashhash! Show us some CPF love!

stephenk

Enlightened
Not trying to be condescending... but can someone explain what this light provides, besides the trits, that isn't being done by other manufacturers for less money?

3000k Warm White high CRI, and can use NiMH/Alkaline AAs. I'm not aware of any other light currently on sale that can use non Li-Ion AAs and has warm white high CRI. Being into night photography and light painting, a warmer tint (as in warm not neutral) is very useful.

I'm backer #59 - Black aluminium with clip.

Good luck Joshua - already 1/6 the way to your target!

onthebeam

Enlightened
Hey Onthebeam, how long are you staying in HK?

As far as pricing after the kickstarter campaign, It's hard to answer a question like that. If this light doesn't meet it's funding goal there will never be an after kickstarter sale.

Alright folks, the approval process is finished this project goes live in 1/2 hour.

Have been here since the 10th but have to return to the states Friday. Congrats on the strong launch!

(two small edit suggestions. One is to also put dimensions in inches. Second is that you have two spellings for Shenzhen...)

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice video for a great looking flashlight.

I have only one small nitpick. You gotta get rid of the Ultratrash battery! It's degrading to position your fine product next to one of those. Use an AW or anything else.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funds are not withdrawn from your account until the campaign is completely over. If the campaign doesn't reach it's funding goal then your account wont be charged at all. Also you can still cancel your pledge or modify your pledge category any time up until the end of the campaign.
I attempted ordering a second light and it appears that the site overwrote my first order. Is there any way to order two lights?

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I backed a Ti light with clip, no trits. I don't like trits, but I would think that small GITD pellets would be a better choice than raw SS bars for filling the trit slots.

eala

jashhash

Enlightened
Sorry folks I had to get some sleep. Wow there is a lot of info to catch up on now so here goes:

KuanR: My wife and I will be in Macao this Thursday and Friday. We arrive in Macao at 3:00pm perhaps we can meet up after that. How about 5:00pm somewhere iconic... My phone won't work in Macau though so calling will be difficult.
SA Condor: Sorry to dissapoint you about there not being an aluminum with tritium earlybird... Please don't hate me.
Tixx: Yea I prefer paypal too but Kickstarter decided to partner with Amazon instead of Ebay.
holygeez03: The first light was sent to Gunga and he should be receiving it soon, After that he can let everyone know his impression on the light.
holygeez03: Yea I see that date error I'm working on it
mckeand13: Yes I realize that but you have the option to cancel at any time. I'm confident the reviewers will like it since I myself like it very much. Any small issue can be easily resolved after launch as well so don't worry.
onthebeam: Unfortunately I already have my tickets booked to Macau and have a pile of work to get done today before I go, HK is not possible today.
KeepingItLight: Yea... I know but when people see a little blue AA they automatically associate it with a LiIon, I think I can find a better brand of blue though.
NoNotAgain: I keep an Excell sheet of special orders on the side, Just add the amount of the extra light to your existing pledge and send me a private message in Kickstarter letting me know what extra light your adding.
Eala: Unfortunately I'm not offering this option at the moment. I need to stay consistent with each pledge tier as far as what the light is, otherwise special orders start getting really complicated.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Sorry if this is covered I didn't see it but if I get it with no tritium vials can the light be disassembled and I could install my own trits later? Are they a common size? Thank you sir I backed your campaign!

Status
Not open for further replies.