Destructive Incan Tests - Graphs (Updated 9-20-09)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Ictorana has given updated graphs for recently tested bulbs. Many thanks for all his work in this thread. Some feedback would be great if you get a chance. :duh2:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ictorana has given updated graphs for recently tested bulbs. Many thanks for all his work in this thread. Some feedback would be great if you get a chance. :duh2:

Thanks indeed for all the hard work by you originally and now Ictorana.

If we can get the IvsV, LvsV and PvsV versions of 24V graphs replotted to include the 633, 458 and 623 like the others have been, that would be great.

Overall

:twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
updated graphs for recently tested bulbs... Many thanks for all his work in this thread. Some feedback would be great if you get a chance.
I agree 100% - MANY thanks indeed. This is a great thread. It's already a sticky in the "Threads of Interest" thread, but I'm also now sticking it independently for a while, as I think there are quite a few members who may not yet have seen how valuable it really is.

Databyter

Enlightened
Thanks for the great charts graphs and links on this thread. I have this bookmarked and go to it literally 10 times a day to figure out how build ideas will work.

The graphs done by Ictorana based on your data are excellent.

You can visually see the strengths and weaknesses and flexibilities ( or lack) of the various bulbs in an intuitive way.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Very informative. I keep comming back here.
Thank you for going to the trouble.
Billy

masshricig

Newly Enlightened
Re: Destructive Incan Tests - Graphs (Updated 7-16-09)

Great discussion. Reminds me of 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton trucks. The bigger ones are more durable and handle bigger loads but also have worse gas mileage.

I wandered around for several hours this morning, and after registering, I found that I wanted to change stuff. It took me awhile to figure out how to get back to my profile and preferences, and actually meant having to put in my name and password again. I'm also finally figuring out how to use the View New Messages thing. And best of all, we are here!

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
Re: Destructive Incan Tests - Graphs (Updated 7-16-09)

has anyone done any testing like this with stock mag bulbs? I'm mainly interested in how much you can over drive the stock bulbs. IE would a 2C bulb handle a freshly charged 18650? or would a 4C handle 2 18650?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Slappo, I almost decided to test all the various stock bulbs, but given that their overdrive output & voltage tolerance is so much more limited, it didn't seem worth the trouble and expense. I don't think anyone else has done it--to answer your question.

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I am going to deconstruct one of my incan lights this evening in hopes of replacing the battery. If my bulb is one of these, it will help when i select the battery.

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me for posting in a sticky and asking an obvious question, but when I click on the links to Photobucket, I get a very small picture. When saving to my desktop and zooming in to read text, etc., all I see is blur.

I promise I have my glasses on--what am I doing wrong?

JCD

Enlightened
Forgive me for posting in a sticky and asking an obvious question, but when I click on the links to Photobucket, I get a very small picture. When saving to my desktop and zooming in to read text, etc., all I see is blur.

I promise I have my glasses on--what am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem. In Photobucket's "Options" menu, I found an option to "View Full Web Site" (or something to that effect). That fixed the problem for me. I'm guessing the links were made with a mobile device, and Photobucket doesn't automatically redirect for desktop browsers.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
My Photobucket account expires in 2 days. Wonder what will happen with all these photos? I kept copies of everything I posted. No way I'm paying them $400/year. Insane.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
They revert back to a link to the photo. Instead of a bunch of letters that are underlined you see a big ole icon from them, but it does the same thing as when folks post links to their photos.

Folks assume the icon means the photo is gone. It's not "gone" it's just a click away instead of showing on the screen. Not a biggy once ya get past the annoyance of the big ole icon.