disappointed in lack of surefire customer service

jrmy0641

Newly Enlightened
My e2dl arrived from batteryjunction with a series of scratches inside the bezel that expose bare aluminum and cause a large artifact in the beam. I emailed surefire about the problem last Friday and waited until Monday to send my second email. That was three days ago today and I still haven't received an email back.

1. While I've had bad luck with my Fenix lights I'd heard so many good things about surefires quality that i must be uber unlucky to have gotten a light with a problem from them. strike 1

2.I've heard good things about their warranty. Unfortunately I can't know anything about that unless they contact me back. strike 2

Am I being too impatient here?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read a number of instances where Email to SureFire is hit or miss or just has not worked, lately this doesn't seem to be the correct way for contacting them. I would give them a call and I'm sure they will take care of it right away.

Bill

jrmy0641

Newly Enlightened
I guess that's a sensible idea. email is so much more convenient though.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would contact Battery Junction and see if they would swap it out first, as it appears you just got it. If that fails, call Surefire.

Mike

Bruce B

Enlightened
Also I had the same issue with 2 SF E1B's... I just returned them to the place I got them and was given a replacement.

-Bruce

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Well jrmy0641, did you call Surefire? You asked a question and it was answered. Let us know what SF says. I think that the rest of us can hold off adding another post telling jrmy0641 to call SF.

Bill

dano101

Enlightened
give them a call and your problem will be answered directly. i waited 2 weeks for a response from an email i sent (and it was vague and generic). I searched the forum here and got the same response that your getting now... just give them a call and the problem will be dealt with :)

Lux et veritas

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this helps. I placed an order to surefire. Ups ran into shipping problem. I had contacted surefire via phone on several occasions, each time I was directed to Sheree Adams from customer service who by the way was very helpful and in fact after hearing my problem with UPS refunded my shipping costs. In my opinion, she was receptive to my issue and it confirms to me not only do they make outstanding tactical torches their customer service is just as good. hope this helps you.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I agree SF has poor email response. I'd like to think as mainstream as it is, and being a technology oriented company they'd be better, but perhaps they're just old school. I've only had quick, terrific phone service. A couple weeks ago in the same week I caught my newer E1B clip on my neoprene truck seat cover while carrying it in my carpenter shorts side pocket. I don't know if I streched it out, but it seemed to me to hold on more loosely afterwards (but could have been on thinner pants). I admitted it did not look bent. Also, I bought a new E2DL, and the switch seemed to "pop" on release. Fellow CPFers said that was normal. However, SF agreed to ship me a new clip and new switch, without any questions.

Then, they only shipped me the switch with a packing slip that included the clip! After a quick call and their apologies, they UPSd me a clip, which I got in 2 days by UPS ground to TX.

They're okay in my book, but need to work on their email queues....