• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DIY McLux Heads: Potential recall notice!!!!!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Paulr,

I don't think you will see any problem. If you do get a later 1x123 power tail, it may want to bind on a new head but likely not the one in your TK assembly. If the new head does bind you can either rectify the solution your self or try to find Wayne or myself hiding on a small island somewhere in the pacific.

Thomas,

Words could only get me in deeper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AluminumJ,

You may want to try contacting Wayne elsewhere in case he doesn't come back to this thread for a while.

- Don

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, keyboard lockup... I look and so many more posts...

Aluminum,

I'd be happy to either send you another, or if you don't mind sending it back. Either way. I don't consider it really worth the trouble to send the defective unit back if is just the converter board. Modules, tubes and heads... Yeah, I'd like those back.

I just edited the web shoppe re-enabling the heads.

Wayne

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
OK, Thanks Wayne, If you don't mind, send a replacement and I will send the defective back shortly. It was this way when I unwrapped it, I know you guys don't have control over every aspect of this great project, so it is no big deal, I will try to send the defective back just for your own ref. when I get time. Thanks for the great service as usual! even under great pressure.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aluminum, What's your order number. ?? That will save me some time. I need to look up your order to get your "real" name and address...

I can never keep it straight what user name is who...

paulr

Flashaholic
Wayne, if you don't mind my asking, how is the supply of DIY parts holding up, especially heads? I guess I can order another head now but would rather put off the expenditure for a little while if I won't miss out by doing so. Thanks.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Actually, Don and Wayne. I have about 10 heads that don't really fit onto my 123 tails. Can I send these back to you for re-machining?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Roger,

By ALL means, send 'em my way. It might be a while before you get them back (whispers never) but no worries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

Shark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Shark said:
....... but I guess my point is you may want to spot check the 2X123 tails it was no doubt the worst of all.
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,

Thanks for the info. Not necessarily good news here. Hummmm I have checked some 2x123's that I have and they are fine?!?

I guess most important, after tapping the heads, did they in fact fit on the 2x123 as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
The head fit fine after tapping the head. The tap really did not remove much material it just smoothed out the glass beading the EN plating is still there.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Roger,

By ALL means, send 'em my way. It might be a while before you get them back (whispers never) but no worries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

WEENIE!

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
I'd say, offer it for those who feel they may need it, and for the slightly adventurous, they can retool theirs themselves, or follow suggestions as posted here...

Best of both worlds...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it is called a Do It Yourself kit.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Huh? You're responding to a year-old post (6/23/03, the 03 means a year ago).