Do Any Flashlights have Fuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you didn't notice, I post A LOT. Coupled with your tendency to create new pointless threads A LOT, it seems rather obvious that the two should cross paths occasionally. I respond in a lot of other threads also, does that mean I follow their OP around too?

The fact that you create a higher % of threads means a higher % of the same people will be posting in them vs any other random person's threads.

How about trying something novel. Try searching your exact question BEFORE you post a new thread asking someone else to do it for you. I think you'll find you suddenly don't need to create 3/4 of your threads, hence eliminating 3/4 of the responses you receive.

I don't think anything is novel on this entire board. Everything that needs to be discussed has already been discussed. If I followed your guidelines there would be no need for any new threads at all.

I create a lot of threads because flashlights are a new hobby of mine and with any new hobby, people get excited when they first begin. I still don't get why you post in my threads at all. Threads are like "channels" of the poster that is creating them. If you don't like the channel, don't watch it (or read it).

I mean seriously, there are plenty of other threads to look at. Surely you could take the effort to NOT click on Liquidpsaceman threads if you're asking me to use the Search function. You're asking me to do something easy (use search) while not following something just as easy (don't click on my threads).

Tell you what. Just assume anything I post going forward is nothing new and so, don't read my thread.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey bud..just a thought..

Marduke's been here since June '07, and he's created 28 threads total.

You've been here since Jan '09.. and created 37? (not including moves)

I've been here since sept '08, and created 9 threads.

Isn't that a bit excessive?
I'm not trying to create an argument here, but just keep try to keep those stats in mind.
edit: hehehe, I remember when I first got here.. I posted at least 2 threads immediately asking about ultrafires on DX.. those got moved promptly.

I understand your excitement, but if we allowed everyone to do so, wouldn't this entire forum get filled up with repeats?
The Mods cannot be slack on anyone, or it'll be unfair!

That said, I hope we'll get onto a better foot here!

Last edited:
hey bud..just a thought..

Marduke's been here since June '07, and he's created 28 threads total.

You've been here since Jan '09.. and created 37? (not including moves)

I've been here since sept '08, and created 9 threads.

Isn't that a bit excessive?

I'm not trying to create an argument here, but just keep try to keep those stats in mind.

edit: hehehe, I remember when I first got here.. I posted at least 2 threads immediately asking about ultrafires on DX.. those got move promptly.

I understand your excitement, but if we allowed everyone to do so, wouldn't this entire forum get filled up with repeats?

Fair enough dude. But I don't believe post count means anything. It's a discussion forum after all. I consider this to be something like a virtual pub. And it would be like going to a pub only to be told you can't discuss beer or girls because everything has already been discussed.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair enough dude. But I don't believe post count means anything. It's a discussion forum after all. I consider this to be something like a virtual pub. And it would be like going to a pub only to be told you can't discuss beer or girls because everything has already been discussed.

hmm.. I'm trying to think of a analogy...

oh well, brain is too fuzzy right now.. from math class..

Indeed, you can discuss about these topics, it's just that there are already conversations going on about these!
it's more organized to the forum to continue these topics, not start new ones.

oh! an analogy popped up!
it's like a virtual bulletin board! (oh wait.. the forum software is vBulletin, after all)

a bunch of people stick post-it notes on the board, and then people reply to them by writing on the notes.

problem is, you're putting up more post-its, making it messy!

brain...woozy.. :tired:

whoops, brought the thread off topic..

back to the fuses!

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't think anything is novel on this entire board. Everything that needs to be discussed has already been discussed. If I followed your guidelines there would be no need for any new threads at all.

I create a lot of threads because flashlights are a new hobby of mine and with any new hobby, people get excited when they first begin. I still don't get why you post in my threads at all. Threads are like "channels" of the poster that is creating them. If you don't like the channel, don't watch it (or read it).

I mean seriously, there are plenty of other threads to look at. Surely you could take the effort to NOT click on Liquidpsaceman threads if you're asking me to use the Search function. You're asking me to do something easy (use search) while not following something just as easy (don't click on my threads).

Tell you what. Just assume anything I post going forward is nothing new and so, don't read my thread.

I don't post in your threads to amuse or benefit you. I post in your threads to benefit the other people attempting to learn, and that would otherwise be thrown off course of their search efforts by the ensuing fluff.

The more junk threads on the same topic over and over, the more difficult it is for them to find the desired answer, which leads to more junk threads cluttering up the forum.

And yes, there is a BIG difference between meaningful and junk threads.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get you guys back on topic, I think the Everl.e.d. bulb is fuse protected. It is a 1 watt luxeon bulb that runs from 1.5 to 9 volts so it will work in most lights. It's still $40 even though it has an outdated emitter. Might be a decent upgrade for any light if they updated the emitter and lowered the price some.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was going to post about some flashlights with fuses but it now seems pointless after reading this thread.

Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
I am a network manager for the largest telecommunications company in the entire world overseeing a wireless network that spans 4 western states.
Marduke
how is it the largest if it only spans 4 western states? All the largest are national, or global.
Seriously Marduke?

Liquidspaceman
I think that the complaint of many CPF members is that you rarely, if ever use the search function. For the most part you hardly post in a thread that is not of your own design because you don't get out of your box. Perhaps you would gain more respect from members by researching repeatedly basic questions on your own. I have nothing against you but this is my outside observations after witnessing a dozen of your threads end up in the same mayhem.

I don't understand the obsession between you two guys. :confused: Place one another on your ignore lists and be done with it.

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
LSM Dont feel bad I did the same thing about the first month I was here, every thread I posted was either a repeat or was in the wrong place. But yea I cant help but notice you have started a TON of threads. If you type your exact questions in the search box the first one that pops up might not be your answer but its almost guranteed that one of the first 3 or 4 suggestions will turn out to be just what your looking for (Im just now learning that) and you can just continue in their thread if your exact question hasnt been answered.
:welcome: (Welcome back) lol

And DM51 took my answer to your original question :laughing:

DM51

Flashaholic
I don't understand the obsession between you two guys. :confused: Place one another on your ignore lists and be done with it.
That would be a solution which I feel many would welcome.

Whatever point there was to this thread has been lost in off-topic discussion, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.