Do i *really* "need" a Dorcy Super 1-Watt?

GG_Blaisdell

Newly Enlightened
Would this be a good choice to eat the 123s left from my G2? I've heard the INOVA X5 is a good choice, but would this be able to suck some runtime from the depleted SF123s?

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Yukon_Jack said:
Anyone else got one with a bad clickly switch?
The switch on mine has been working quite nicely even though I have been switching it on and off frequently. I have been unscrewing the tailcap a bit when i have it in my pocket as I find that the switch does get clicked on fairly easily while in pocket.

I was looking at the Dorcy website and they have a picture of a black version with a slightly diffrent look, has anybody seen one around?

http://www.dorcy.com/41-4262.htm

onthebeam

Enlightened
I bought one out of curiousity and returned it.

Pros: Great value for $20. Will be $18 during this weekend's 10% off sale if you use a Sears Card. Very white and quite bright, too.

Cons: Very soft clicky. Not tactile responsive. Finish is attractively designed but with not as high a quality feel of several other recently released lights. Must feed a CR123, which are only a good deal by mail order. Size is great by 2004 standards, about the same as the Nuwai Q3. Large in comparison to Fenix and other recently released lights.

So, if you are just getting into the game, I suggest picking one up. But I couldn't justify keeping it, knowing it wouldn't get as much use as my other lights.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJ said:
The reflector and star drop out of the head and can be disassembled easily. It looks like some minor soldering to change the star so I may put a green/cyan in it and see how it works.

A cut-down 20 mm IMS reflector will fit inside the head, and it is a considerable improvement over the stock reflector. An uncut 20 mm reflector will also fit if you file the edges, but this change would require creating a thinner light module to make room inside the head.