Do "L shaped" headlamps appear imbalanced above the eye?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the perspective of the user, does an L headlamp light up one side of the face more than the other to any noticeable degree? If so, is it annoying, especially wearing glasses? My only experience is with the light centrally located.

Reason for asking is I'm looking at the Fenix HM50R V2 as something to carry me the next few years until I find my perfect headlamp, but am wary of the light being more above one eye than the other, especially when tilting the light down a bit.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
I've only used my right-angle headlamp for spelunking and camping, and I've never worn my glasses while using it. I've never noticed it feeling "imbalanced."

Once it's on and in use, I honestly couldn't tell you which way it was clipped into the strap (emitter on the left or right).

3L3M3NT

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix HM61R and after I get it adjusted how I wanted as far as centering, you really can't tell which side the light is coming from. I have a Fenix HL55 as well, which has the light coming out the middle of the headlamp and I couldn't tell the difference between the two if it wasn't for the difference in the tint of the light itself.

I say go for it with the HM50R V2.0. (y)

Duster1671

Enlightened
Glasses wearer and Zebralight headlamp user here. No issue with perceived imbalance. I don't think the emitter is far enough off center for it to matter.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies! That puts my mind at ease enough to give it a shot. I'll report back, particularly if I notice anything annoying... lol.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Glasses wearer here as well. I have multiple Zebralights and Acebeam right-angle headlamps which I have used for walking, camping, hiking at night. No perceived imbalance here either but, I tend to move the light within it's rubber / silicone holders to be as close to center-line as possible. One note: I try to be careful with positioning the light a bit up as I find, especially with floody headlights, I get a wee bit of glare if the light is pointing down too much. YMMV.

HitFactor

Newly Enlightened
Using a Fenix HM61R here, without issues. My older Fenix headlamp is centered, but I can't tell the difference when wearing them. Both work great, I wear glasses, with seamless bifocals.

The HM61R has two levels of red light, that's why I bought the newer model. The old headlamp didn't have enough red light for me when climbing tree stands.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Until I used a right-angle headlamp I never realized how useful they were as both a headlamp and a handheld light. Whenever I mine the only real challenge is remembering which side to reach for to use the switch when it's on my head.