Do maglite make a 1AA light?

schill

Newly Enlightened
The section at the bottom of the back of the package where the patent information is refers to a "2-cell AA flashlight". The model number on the top is "M2A01HR" which is very similar to the "M2A01H" which is a "AA HOLSTER COMBO, BLACK" according to www.maglite.com - but the Mag site doesn't actually say it's a 2-cell light. I don't know what the "R" means (retail? red?).

liquidsix

Enlightened
Looks like the Terralux mini-max, which is essentially a cut down 2AA mag with a clickie tailcap

Kirk

Enlightened
According to the Mag-Lite Price List I have, the UPC code, 038739 060521, and the part number, M2A01H, is for the 2AA Mini MagLite Holster Combo Pack; the is no M2A01HR. My Price List does not have a 1AA style light.
Kirk

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's cause you don't have the price list for India :D

I wasn't sure when I first saw it, as it could have been just a bad photo on KAM's part, but the image for the packaging looks a bit fuzzy, as if it had been scanned, and photoshopped, then printed again. That would explain the UPC code for the MiniMag combo pack as the tell-tale sign along with the wording for the Holster Combo Pack. The localized text is what raised my suspicions originally. There are a number of companies that are much larger than Mag that won't localize text for India, it just seemed odd that Mag would have gone to the effort of localization.

Kirk said:
According to the Mag-Lite Price List I have, the UPC code, 038739 060521, and the part number, M2A01H, is for the 2AA Mini MagLite Holster Combo Pack; the is no M2A01HR. My Price List does not have a 1AA style light.
Kirk

DCFluX

Newly Enlightened
I was noticing how the back refers to it being a 2AA model. Guess the guy with photoshop was not paying attention.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Something that is that blatently counterfeited would most certainly be impounded by US Customs well before it hits your door.

Would they really care? It's not like its drugs or something illegal. How do all those fake luis vitton (sp?) handbags, folexes, and foakley sunglasses all end up on the streets of NYC for a few bucks?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think that if it was just one light coming over it wouldn't be an issue, whereas a box of say a dozen might be a little suspect..

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
coldsolderjoint said:
Would they really care? It's not like its drugs or something illegal. How do all those fake luis vitton (sp?) handbags, folexes, and foakley sunglasses all end up on the streets of NYC for a few bucks?

What - you mean the $10.00 Rolux I bought is not the real thing? The seller seemed so honest. -

InfidelCastro

Banned
Brighteyez said:
Something that is that blatently counterfeited would most certainly be impounded by US Customs well before it hits your door.

Oh no, they'll have to shut down Ebay. ;)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to worry, I think there's plenty of Feds watching eBay. I was referring to importations where Customs will generally seize obvious and blatent counterfeits (made to look like the real thing with inadequate distinguishing features). I think you're thinking of the internet interpretation of "knockoff" or "counterfeit" where that label is applied to anything that looks similar even when it's not an exact copy.

And the Rolex counterfeits aren't found on e-Bay, though you'll probably find them available openly on the streets of many major urban cities. They actually have the Rolex name and logo on the watch not some misspelling.

InfidelCastro said:
Oh no, they'll have to shut down Ebay. ;)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a case a few years back where someone was selling fake Rolexes on ebay, they were even identified in the auction as being fake. That person got into a lot of trouble, I don't remember the exact charges but he paid a lot of money in fines..

something like using the mail to defraud, patent infringement whatever...