Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Yes, pretty much all the time. If not on my person, then within arm's length. This summer when we were moving classroom furniture, during the day in a brightly illuminated room..... I needed to see inside a filing cabinet at how the release mechanism operated...........

So there I was, sans flashlight, unable to see, and therefore unable to remove a three foot wide drawer loaded with paper. I could feel the unspoken disappointment of those that knew me to be a flashaholic. I had let them down. :fail:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I get it CG. Is it Murpheys Law or is it that pre-flashaholic we never knew how much they made life easier?
Folks at work tend to look at me for a pocket knife of flashlight anymore. Why they choose to carry neither still baffles me at times.

As I get older I find a triple a light useful more and more. Day or night. So it stands to reason to have at least 10 to 20 lumens available at all times. As I type this there isn't a flashlight in my pocket, but that is because it's sitting on the table in front of me.

One day at work a few years ago a circuit blew in the room I was in and sudden darkness resulted. Cave dark. All three lights I had on my person konked out. Wow!! Handy-dandy BiC lighter to the rescue. It provided enough light to get to my backup-backup light hanging on a nail by the door. I've carried a 1x triple a light ever since.

Flip breaker back to on and things returned to normal.

Last edited:

dnice

Newly Enlightened
Almost always... and by the bed... and by the back door... and by the front door... and in my tool belt... and ... ya, pretty much everywhere in the house!

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not on my person as such, but I'm rarely never more than arms reach or a few steps from one no matter what I'm doing. I take my EDC bag everywhere with me, so there's always at least two in there plus a headlamp. They're everywhere around the house and in the cars.

The only time I might not be near one is doing an activity like going to the beach, water skiing or something like that. Otherwise there's always one not far.

Garabaldi

Newly Enlightened
I usually have some light on me (no not my cell phone light). I typically carry a PD35 and a Streamlight pen light

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the keychain light I most often have at least another flashlight with me. Sometimes two-three lights.

pageyjim

Enlightened
Always have at least one on my person. I have them next to my bed and hidden throughout the house and each doorway etc.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like pageyjim, even though there are lights everywhere in my house, the one in my pocket is often the most convenient. It isn't often I get lazy but EVERY time I don't pocket a light around the house and garage, I'll need one several times until I do put one into my pocket. Off the property or in the car (which has it's own stash of lights) I'll always take two and on occasion, three lights.

It may be no coincidence that I'm a flashaholic CPFer. My folks always had a couple D cell lights at home & in the car. A flashlight and lantern were early toys they gave me. The value of a flashlight hit me when I was still in grade school. I found that it was often easier to find something in a closet, cupboard, under or behind something, or a tiny object on the floor. Many decades later I'll need extra light to read a label somewhere.

CHNeal

Enlightened
i would say that I have a light on me 90% of the time. The reason I first bought an eiger was for the pocket of my pj pants / shorts of an evening.