Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S2 Baton goes everywhere my keys go, because that is where it is attached to. My keys are attached to my belt, and my belt to my pants.

I have not upgraded my single 18650 Baton in the past 2.75 years, because it is still ticking. I am always on the lookout for the next most powerful light for my keychain. 26650 is too big, I tried. Maybe a single 21700 won't be too big to be my next keychain light. Something similar to the Nitecore C17 looks interesting, single 18650 and multiple emitters, reflectors instead of TIR optics for some more throw.

----------
Philippians 1:23

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
If I have pants on, I have my keyring with a Fenix UC02 twisty, and a Fenix LD02 (original model ...not the later, bigger, dimmer, uglier, and UV-encumbered version) clipped to a Leatherman Squirt. I'm very pleased that in the last 18 months the UC02 hasn't switched itself on in my pocket, nor fallen apart. And my LD02 just returned from speedy warranty service, and once again shines at full power.

Quark AA is now sitting in my parka pocket for outdoor use.

(I suppose my flip-phone lights up, too, but I've used this for a light very few times.)

Although in the last few weeks I have been carrying the Olight H2R around, especially when I've got cargo pants and room to spare.

Just waiting for the day we're shopping in the bakery at Costco and the lights go out! The Better Half carries a Fenix UC01 in her purse - she's had better luck with it not turning on spontaneously than when I carried one in my pocket. My UC01 has been demoted to a bag light.

And if I'm in the shower, I keep a "True Utility" right-angle AAA in the medicine cabinet. Not a very posh light but I had a gift card so it was no out-of-pocket cost. This upgrades the medicine cabinet light from an Inova "faxuton" style lamp. I really don't like lithium button cells for lights as they are very expensive and usually dead when you need them. I've got a few of these as zipper pull lights on various bags, but haven't found them super stable - they are easy to smash to bits if they get caught on anything, though I've had good luck re-assembling them after such incidents.

Bill

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
My cellphone provides plenty of light for most tasks.

But I still keep a light on me.

Either my 600lm tool aaa, or 800lm delta.

daffy

Enlightened
My WMB-Weaponised Man Bag..
IPhone goes in pocket
Cash/cards in rear zipper
EagTac D3Cvn with spare cell, taccy pen
O3xMzGO.jpg

PAlightlover

Newly Enlightened
Yes, everyday! Usually it depends on the pants I'm wearing . If it's shorts I'll go with one of my many AS lights. Now that it's cold I get to carry all my crazy lumen monsters AND the AA lights

blutarsky

Newly Enlightened
Yes always. I have my trusty old Fenix P1D or E15 attached to a Leatherman Squirt P4 in my pocket at all times and a KeyMate on my car and house keys. That's two or three lights on me whenever I leave the house.

That ninja

Newly Enlightened
I always have one on me, typically in my pocket. In addition, I always carry: my leatherman, a pen and a zippo with butane torch insert. Boy Scout for life.

Cati

Newly Enlightened
Since I bought the microstream, it has always been clipped in my pocket. I could never carry the fatter lights everyday.

P2P

Newly Enlightened
Always, it's my most used piece of gear I carry. 4sevens Quark Tactical QT2A-X currently. Little big for my regular carry.

syga

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a Fenix PD35 v2.
It has a battery indicator light, so I always know my battery charge without actually removing and checking it. No point in carrying a light with a weak charge.
Never leave home without it. Its always in my home made belt holster or in my pocket.

kuzuna

Newly Enlightened
Smartass answer: of course, because I always have my phone!

Real answer: of course, because with how small yet powerful lights are these days I have no excuse to not at least slip a Nitecore Tube into my pocket, but 99% of the time I've got something a bit beefier in my Muyshondt Aeon or my Frelux Synergy.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Unless I am in the shower or in bed, I have at least two LED flashlights with me. Remember, two is one, one is none.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just in case the lights go out while working out, I keep a 2AAA Mini-Maglite penlight in my workout sweats.
Power went out mid set a few years back, everyone left but me, suckers...[emoji16].
QLEyHW5.jpg

Eagletac D25C Nichia 219A saved the workout.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave111

Newly Enlightened
No not always, but I have 2 in the shop, at least 2 in each car, and like 4 on the nightstand. I would say I'm pretty well covered :)

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
Almost 40 years ago I was in a dimly lit gentlemans club called the Lochness Lounge near Somerset Wisconsin and they had for rent at the bar hand held spotlights, like the locals would use for coon hunting, that you could rent if you wanted a particularly good view of dancers parts.
I did not have a flashlight with me and as a young working guy I had only enough money for beer or flashlight rental but not for both.
That was the night I decided to always carry a flashlight.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only time I don't have a light on me is when naked or sleeping and even then there is one within arms reach. Even around the house I always have one in my PJ's pocket. Living any other way is crazy talk if you ask me[emoji16].

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I wear my PhotoFanatic La Petite Killer on a para-cord lanyard 24 hours a day! Along with a couple of custom Ti. Beads, one with two trit viles as a marker should the lanyard separate.

Plus, my McGizmo Haiku is, and has been with me daily for a decade now. Also, I have a Hinderer XM-18 with an orange scale with me daily.

I carry additional lights daily but these two are standard issues around here.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I do not. If I go in a shower with a flashlight I am afraid I will receive weird glances from my wife :whistle:

Last edited: