• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Drake / Draco Payment === (PART 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltkmt

Enlightened
I gotta say that after having mine for less than a week, I want multiples of this light as well! Awesomeness=Draco!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's on the first page of the sales thread.

The premium comes with AAA extension and turbohead.

Excuse my ignorance, but where is the definition of "Standard" vs "Premium"?

gollum

Enlightened
Go ahead and buy her one, then you can have a backup on hand in case yours goes missing! :twothumbs

I will definately not be letting this out of my sight so it won't go missing.
I just bought the Mrs a photon rex for her keychain as requested
I am broke now ... if I had enough $ I would have got the titanium package.....
later I may get the Titanium one for me and the Mrs can then have my chrome Draco :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been trying to read this for awhile, but i am still confused. can someone help me?

if i wanted the smallest possible draco, no need for AAA or anything.

Draco in Chrome (Ti is too expensive for me)
Battery, possibly 2
Charger

which CC Buy now do i need to click?

thanks

Crenshaw

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crenshaw,

The one to pick is the "Draco Standard Package" - $175. It comes with the chrome draco, 1 x oring, 1 x 10280 spacer, 1 x AAA nano charger, 2 x 10280 batteries.

If you want the smallest possible ... you could get the drake, which cost $162.20. It's even smaller than the draco, and uses 10180 batteries. The runtime is the same, but with lower output. To me, the draco is already pretty small, I can't imagine the size of the Drake.

Below is the runtime chart with Draco. I downloaded this from a Draco thread a while ago, and I wish I could cerdit the member who created this chart, but I can't remember.

Draco_Runtime_Chart_with_10440.jpg

Drake or Draco, you will be happy with this light.

ive been trying to read this for awhile, but i am still confused. can someone help me?

if i wanted the smallest possible draco, no need for AAA or anything.

Draco in Chrome (Ti is too expensive for me)
Battery, possibly 2
Charger

which CC Buy now do i need to click?

thanks

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooo thanks, probably get this when the funds come again then. How much lower in output is the drake compared to the draco?

Crenshaw

Mr. Hubert

Newly Enlightened
Is the light/lumen output from a Turbo Head actually greater than with the standard head, or does it merely give a greater spread?

bltkmt

Enlightened
I am curious what others are using to carry spare 10280s around...it would seem some sort of spy capsule might work. Any suggestions?

FsTop

Enlightened
Instead of carrying a spare 10280, wouldn't it make more sense to just use AAA/10440?

That would give you 75% more runtime, with no interruption to change batteries...

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could answer that. I read it somewhere in this long thread, and it didn't seem to be too much lower ... 20% maybe. I'm sure I'm making things up ... so you'll have to wait until a drake owner chimes in

ooo thanks, probably get this when the funds come again then. How much lower in output is the drake compared to the draco?

Crenshaw

The turbo head doesn't change the lumen output, it gives it more throw at the expense of bigger head.

Is the light/lumen output from a Turbo Head actually greater than with the standard head, or does it merely give a greater spread?

I've been carrying one spare 10280 and one spare CR123a inside tiny microzip bags. the batteries are so tiny anyway, I didn't spend much time in getting creative in the method of carrying them.

I am curious what others are using to carry spare 10280s around...it would seem some sort of spy capsule might work. Any suggestions?

+1 to that. I actually bought the 10440 extension, but haven't used it thus far. It's been sitting in a bag since day one when I tested it out. I wanted the AAA tube to give me the flexibility in case I'm taking it out for longer trips. The real reason why I bought it is because Jonathan mentioned that after the 10440 tube sells out, he's not planning on making it anymore. I paid extra for have that option if I need it. The drake/draco is designed to be small, so I guess the extension tube is not that popular. :shrug:

Yes, but I bought this thing to be tiny...with the extension it becomes just another AAA light.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
keep2go makes plastic spy capsules.

I was looking for some keychain pill cases and found this link: http://www.bluffcitywholesale.com/pill_boxes/nitroglycerine_pill_cases.htm. They have a wide variety of pill cases and I'm actually tempted to pick up a few now.

Also, found spy capsules at EDC Depot, which will fit two 10280 with no problems ... heck, it may even fit three.

Thanks xcel730...you have been a great help. I like the microzip link...was also looking at these http://www.greenbatteries.com/nylbatwal.html to hold a few batteries. Ideally would like some sort of spy capsule that could hold one or two 10280s. The fun is in the search, right?

tricker

Enlightened
xcel i'll help you out

the chart belongs to lightrod.....heres the graph and other info
http://candlepowerforums.com:80/vb/showthread.php?t=147586

=== FAQ ===
So what's the difference between this and Draco?
The tradeoff are apparent. Draco will be brighter @ 160 lumens (out the front) while Drake will only be ~100 lumens OTF. Drake be a little shorter to ofset the lack of lumens.
All of this while the runtime remains relatively the same.

60% or so more

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Tricker. Wow, I was really off with the 20% number that I pulled out of my gluteus maximus. It's still pretty impressive considering the size of the drake. It does get very hot very fast when it's at max level though.

xcel i'll help you out

the chart belongs to lightrod.....heres the graph and other info
http://candlepowerforums.com:80/vb/showthread.php?t=147586

=== FAQ ===
So what's the difference between this and Draco?
The tradeoff are apparent. Draco will be brighter @ 160 lumens (out the front) while Drake will only be ~100 lumens OTF. Drake be a little shorter to ofset the lack of lumens.
All of this while the runtime remains relatively the same.

60% or so more

bltkmt

Enlightened
Well, it's official...my chrome Draco is officially my favorite light! I need to get a TI version, pronto. Jonathan, what is the turnaround time on TI Dracos these days?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.