• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Dropped my PD-S...again

benyosh

Newly Enlightened
...at work. First drop happened when i handed my PD-S to a friend and he promptly fumbled it onto solid concrete. Minor scratch on tailcap with missing annodizing. Second time was my fault but this time i dropped it 10 feet onto concrete...major scrapeage
Bawling.gif
. This time i can actually see bare metal. Fortunately, the light still works flawlessly and the damage occured on the same exact spot on the tailcap. Is this what it means to carry a true EDC? BTW, i never thanked Don for this super-duper flashlight, so...thanks, Don
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif
. Now that this light has been properly broken-in, it's a lot easier bringing it to work. Thanks for letting me vent.

ben

P.S. I'll never forget that awful "thud" sound my light made hitting the pavement.
Bang-Head.gif

I consider it baptism into the world of serious working tools. My PD has been "baptized" several times.:lolsign:

Ouch! Yeah, that can be a bummer. I really like to keep my things nice too. I've found that as lights get a few wear marks on them they start to become my favorites because I always reach for them first.

Concrete, rocks, dirt, and sand. Have done all of those numerous times. The best is when you try to catch it on the way down and just end up slapping it so it hits the ground HARDER.

BigHonu said:
Concrete, rocks, dirt, and sand. Have done all of those numerous times. The best is when you try to catch it on the way down and just end up slapping it so it hits the ground HARDER.

:crackup: :crackup: I know exactly what you are talking about :ohgeez: