Duty quality AA?

GoVegan

Enlightened
Yeah the Pelicans can be programmed to single mode and are designed as duty lights.
The other option maybe a Streamlight Protac 2AA.
There is also the 5.11 Station 2AA which is single mode.
All the above are not compatible with lithium AA though, according to the manufacturers.

The ASP lights are lithium AA compatible/recommended but it has high and double tap for low.
ASP Triad AA

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I ran pelican m6's as my main duty light for years. Ive also had many of their tactical tail switch lights and I can say those style switches are garbage. Every single one has failed on me. The warranty depot gave me an entire box of switches for my M6. The light itself was great but the internals on the switch would fail without warning. The good is they will replace the tailcaps but I can no longer trust them as a duty light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The clicky switch on the M6 2320 were horrible. Often no click to hold it engaged. I heard the twisty were bad too but all I have are the clicky kind. I put a Malkoff tailcap on mine. The 2390 M6 I have has been good so far.

The 2350/2360 have been flawless thus far. I really like the 5th gen 2360 (2x aa) for its battery meter. Half press a few times and click to get flashes indicating 25(1flash)/50(2 flashes)/75(3 flashes)/100(4 flashes) percent remaining. A wee bit longer than an M6 but has a nice clip.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that the switches on the Pelican 7060 are also prone to fail.

So things aren't looking very reliable on the Pelican front.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that the switches on the Pelican 7060 are also prone to fail.

So things aren't looking very reliable on the Pelican front.

Dang! I have purchased a 7610 not long ago and the first thing I have noticed right from the start — something hairy with the switch. Its function does not feel either reliable or robust.