E1e + KX2cc + EB1 tailcap = two-stage operation?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I love my E1e but I really like the LX2/L1/L2 two stage switch.
So I wonder, if I can build a lego adding a KX2CC and a EB1 tactical tail cap to my E1e to get this tactical operation.
I know, that I have to modify the switch. But that's not a big deal.

That should work, right?

Thanks

Best regards,
Julian

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Kx2 is already two mode but it is for 6 volts not 3 volts. The e1b tail cap is finctionaly the same as the e1e tailcap.

Im not sure what a Kx2cc is

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kx2 is already two mode but it is for 6 volts not 3 volts. The e1b tail cap is finctionaly the same as the e1e tailcap.

Im not sure what a Kx2cc is

He meant the EB1 Tactical tail cap.. basically the same operation as the LX2.. push for low and push fully for high.

The KX2c (if that's what you meant) is a single level, 200 lumen replacement head that will fit the E1e. Mike is right though, it is a 6v head. I imagine it would work, but not at full lumens naturally.

As far as will the two stage tail cap work? I forgot :) I know the EB1-T and LX2 tail caps have a resistor inside of them that allows the multi stage operation, but I don't remember if there is ALSO something in the head which would ALSO give the lights it's operation.

So someone else who has tried this will have to help answer if putting that head on an LX2/EB1-T tail cap will give you the function you desire..

Mikeg23

Enlightened
He meant the EB1 Tactical tail cap.. basically the same operation as the LX2.. push for low and push fully for high.

Indeed he did I missed that... Seems to me like buying an E1b or Eb1 would be the best bet.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed he did I missed that... Seems to me like buying an E1b or Eb1 would be the best bet.

I was going to say the same thing.

At first I was a little worried the EB1-T was going to be a little too big.. but I'm happy with it's size. I always thought the E1B was a hair too short for my hand and the EB1 fixed that issue.

To the OP.. what are your thoughts on this?