Two Surefires that I don't know what to do with

Ulightme

Newly Enlightened
I purchased these lights, but I'm not sure of the exact year. Both are in great working order. I have enjoyed them both over the years. Many years were spent in a drawer with no battery in them at all.

Is there a reasonable way to replace the internals to bring them up to a 2023 spec? I know this may be blasphemy to some on here, but I'm new, so take it easy on me. Another option is to sell them as they are now.

surefire3.jpg

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Malkoff M61L or M361 drop in for the G2

I would get a Malkoff 3 mode MDC li-ion head for the E1L. It would be a different head, but it'll be updated to a nice led, potted, and a 3 mode

Ulightme

Newly Enlightened
Get a Malkoff M61L or M361 drop in for the G2

I would get a Malkoff 3 mode MDC li-ion head for the E1L. It would be a different head, but it'll be updated to a nice led, potted, and a 3 mode
Do I need to change up the battery situation when I get the new heads?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. For the E1L

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
You definitely won't be disappointed. Sent two links on above post

Browse through the drop ins and such and choose your output level and type of led/tint

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be inclined to upgrade the G2 and sell the E1L to buy an E1BMV or whatever the current one is, unless you're attached to the old style. You'd probably break even, or make a profit if you got a used E1B. E1L's worth well over $100 while the G2 is under $50 as far as I know.

Ulightme

Newly Enlightened
I'd be inclined to upgrade the G2 and sell the E1L to buy an E1BMV or whatever the current one is, unless you're attached to the old style. You'd probably break even, or make a profit if you got a used E1B. E1L's worth well over $100 while the G2 is under $50 as far as I know.
Interesting. I looked that one up on Amazon and it's at $152 right now. They haven't strayed too far from the design.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast

$133 new on ebay

$115 plus $8 shipping used

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I looked that one up on Amazon and it's at $152 right now. They haven't strayed too far from the design.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a brand new Backup MV for $100-120 with a little patience on eBay. Probably could sell the E1L for $120-150 if you found a motivated buyer.