E2e 5W SE Mod

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Hi all,

I just finished up my E2e "pill" with a BB750 and 5W V4V SE. Check it out here and tell me what you think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks great, Chief. Nice work! Not many folks are using the SE but in a textured reflector I suspect that they do very well.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
That looks nice chief! I have made quite a few similar modules and was always bugged with the ground to Al connection. I used all kinds of strategies including electrically conductive epoxy which I found only worked *most* of the time. From your pictures, I can't determine how you pass the ground. This issue aside, Nice job!

- Don

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Thanks, guys. I thought a lot about this as well. If you look carefully, you'll see along the rim of the ABS, there's a slight notch. I simply ran a piece of solid wire from the board between the ABS and the "pill". The ABS just squeezes it against the wall. Seems to work well so far. Time will tell as to it's durability.

Thanks for all the research on these lights, Don. You're information has been invaluable.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

i like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very fine job, Chief!! Incredibly clean - I love it!

What I want to know is how you determined where the focal point of the reflector was - i.e. where to put the SE for best effect. I'd like to do a similar mod for myself.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey! Those pics look familiar (or maybe it's the fingertip manicure) -- but I distinctly remember during an earlier viewing that there was a semicircular copper wire around the bottom of the board, now hidden by the white ABS washer.

Nice.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chief, do you really need us to tell you what we think of your mod? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif
Awesome is an understatement. That is really nice and very cool mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
hmm, now i got to put you in my hate list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Katokichi

Newly Enlightened
Nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
My GND style is below.
There is a pin hole on the base, and the wire is inserted tightly
e1203.JPG