E2e/E1e w/KL1 or L1?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Stu,

Fit is pretty good, threading pitch matches exactly. I noticed I had to REALLY crank down (two hands) on the bwzel to get the light to turn on, and I think that a smaller thickness o-ring would help in this respect.

For those who often switch on their lights, this makes for rather difficult actuation, but for those who may value a positive "lock-out" feature against accidental switch-on of the light, this above "problem" can actually be a benefit.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Feel isn't bad at all -- it's not like the SureFire HA-III's finely "granulated" surface, but rather smooth, kinda like a MagLite "silver/pewter" light's feel. There's noticeable visual differences in anodization color, but no worse than a HA-III to another HA-III match.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Stu

Newly Enlightened
s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies
Thanks DumboRat.. I guess it doesn't shorten the useful life of the bezel or the body to do repetitive activations with the fit being tight, as opposed to a tailcap switch like on the Surefire bodies. I've been wanting a 'secure' switch that won't accidentally activate in a pocket, but my old E2 body doesn't have the lockout tailcap. The price for the set of bodies with KL1 head is tempting... got to decide whether to just go for a new E2e at around $70.00 and leave my KL1 on the old E2 (but then I wouldn't have another KL1 and the 2 bodies with cool lanyard holes). Heck, just get 'em all, it's only money, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

83Venture

Enlightened
I have both tubes and they work fine, no possibility of accidentally turning on with these, also can stand up on the tail. Downside is you won't be able to turn on with one hand.

Love the ability to now use 1-2-or 3 123 or 2 AA Alk/Nicad/NiMh batteries. Not likely to be without power for this light. With the long tube it is about 3/8 inch shorter than an ARC 2AA tube with a clickie. Anodize Color is much closer to the ARC than Surefire. "Normal" everyday user probably would not notice or care.

Very sturdy, reliable design and I am glad I decided to buy them.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DiamondCut2_0 said:
Which do you prefer out of these three? Best brightness, nice beam, ease of carry, best utility, etc. Which would you choose and why? Thanks for your time!

[/ QUOTE ]

The L1. I have a E1/KL1 and now carry an L1. The L1 is nice because of the low beam. This gives me a low output, long runtime options. It also makes all my EDC use the same batteries (SF M2 + SF L1).

-john