E2XT Heads

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy, there's a lot of this happening lately. Probably the same thing. There might be anodizing on the body not allowing the head to make contact.
So a little sanding of the ano should solve the problem?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If there is any there that would be enough to stop contact. Can you post pictures?

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2xtd head
230714d5431fc11c4497856ad20fd0e3.jpg

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will any copper washers do? I have a lathe in my barn.

I don't see why not

You just need something to compete the circuit . The washer I think for the e series is 19mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see why not

You just need something to compete the circuit . The washer I think for the e series is 19mm

Thanks

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd email gene about this

Just give him a heads about about the issue

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd email gene about this

Just give him a heads about about the issue

I will, I have no problem with that particular head while it's on a 16650 MALKOFF body. The issue only rises when trying to run it on Gene's 18650 conversion bodies.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
What 18650 cell are you using? A flat top IMR for example may not be long enough to make contact between adapter and switch spring.

If you're using a protected button top there should be no contact issue.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It could also be that the lengths are off from the tubes. The 16650 tube may be a little longer. You have a small magnet or something you can use as a spacer to put in the tube with your cell? It may be that your batteries are not making contact.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else have any problems with using the e2xtd head on the MALKOFF 18650 body? I can't seem to make it work

557aa53140de95e53a575b67b2258274.jpg

Let us know what gene says .

He may give you some other way to get it to work , apparently he's tried on that body

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
What 18650 cell are you using? A flat top IMR for example may not be long enough to make contact between adapter and switch spring.

If you're using a protected button top there should be no contact issue.
Lg he4

NH Lumens

Enlightened

This one?

See my post above.

The battery is too short. The spring on the E2HT head might be just long enough to establish contact, the spring on the E2XTD just a bit short. In either case, the flat top INR cell (which is considerably shorter than a protected button top) is failing to compress the head and switch springs enough to maintain reliable contact. This from the malkoff website;

Description

This MDC 18650 flashlight body will allow you to power your Malkoff MDC and E-Series/Scout Heads with a single 18650 protected button top battery. Flat top batteries will need a spacer. It will NOT WORK on the new Surefire DF Series Heads. They have a larger thread pattern.

Once you are using a longer protected button-top (or a 5mm spacer with the INR flat top), let us know if you have any further difficulty.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one?

See my post above.

The battery is too short. The spring on the E2HT head might be just long enough to establish contact, the spring on the E2XTD just a bit short. In either case, the flat top INR cell (which is considerably shorter than a protected button top) is failing to compress the head and switch springs enough to maintain reliable contact. This from the malkoff website;

Description

This MDC 18650 flashlight body will allow you to power your Malkoff MDC and E-Series/Scout Heads with a single 18650 protected button top battery. Flat top batteries will need a spacer. It will NOT WORK on the new Surefire DF Series Heads. They have a larger thread pattern.

Once you are using a longer protected button-top (or a 5mm spacer with the INR flat top), let us know if you have any further difficulty.
That's the one. I'll try a protected cell