Gauging Interest for titanium VME heads

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

We were discussing on an old WTB thread, but we are trying to gauge interest for a titanium Malkoff VME head group buy here. The numbers Gene is looking for is 129.99 each for 57 heads and 119.99 for 115 heads. The lead time would be around 8-12 weeks. Now that the excitement of having a concrete goal has settled I'm hoping to see if we can get any interest and or/sufficient sign off for this. For starters I could do at least one, if not two if the month is looking good. I'll also port over the names from that thread to this one and edit the top post as we get interest.

1. IntakeMonk
2. ilikeguns40
3. thermalguy
4. thermalguy
5. Fish 14
6. Russ/TN
7. scalpel_ninja
8. BattleBrat
9. Flashlight Nut

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who came up with those figures, with only a few dollar difference, between twice the quantities?

... and who is "we" or "monk" that has been a CPF member for just little over 30 days?

Last edited:

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
I'm just some nobody who wanted to buy a titanium VME head. I'd post up screenshots of the email thread here but I'm aware that's not legal in some states including my own (Cali). As far as who came up with the figures, it sounded like it was Gene's machine shop as he said he had to check with them and it took 9 days to get an update. I have no idea why 57 was chosen for the introduction count and why the price only goes down by $10 when you jump to 115. For what it's worth, if I was scamming ya'll I definitely would have picked more attainable numbers. If it makes it more appealing for an established member to head this group buy, that's totally cool I'd prefer to not be the head of this anyway.

As for who we is, previous thread is here, I should have linked that at the start sorry!

Last edited:

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
My plan was to use it with a McGizmo titanium body. @Nimitz68 posted this picture in another thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/vme-ideal-pairing.476021/page-4

And that looks ideal to me as well.

1708713372676.png

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Vme head paired with McGizmo CR123 Pak is what I would do. Then a illumn 219b 3 mode drop in
I have that drop in in my MD2 and my Pocket Malkoff, That McGizmo
Combo looks sooo good 😫 I'd DLC coat them black though. I just bought some
titanium Convoys to do just that. I have been using a T3 (single 14500) and F4(double 14500) at work as a mechanic to see how they hold up and they've done quite well! They develop micro scratches though, they really need a DLC coat. With that they will brass gracefully! I don't like the tail cap threads on the T3 and T4 though so I think I'm gonna only DLC coat a handful of titanium S2+'s (with H17Fx drivers in them for proper thermal control) a T3 (such a nice pocket light) and an S21G (nice thrower)

But a TITANIUM Malkoff! That is the best of all worlds! Although after seeing the "show your beat up flashlights" thread it looks like the aluminum ones hold up fine, I would LOVE titanium!! Some people argue about thermals, I'm in the "for most cases 300lumens is all you need crowd" so thermals aren't really an issue.IMG_0698.jpeg
S2+Ti with 18350 shorty barrel, and a "polished" T3 Ti
IMG_0649.jpeg
S21G Ti and S2+ Ti with 18350 shorty barrel.
IMG_0766.jpegIMG_0616.jpeg

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope the interest l grows. I would love for an opportunity for a ti head but also for a Malkoff ti body if it could become real.

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
I have that drop in in my MD2 and my Pocket Malkoff, That McGizmo
Combo looks sooo good 😫 I'd DLC coat them black though. I just bought some
titanium Convoys to do just that. I have been using a T3 (single 14500) and F4(double 14500) at work as a mechanic to see how they hold up and they've done quite well! They develop micro scratches though, they really need a DLC coat. With that they will brass gracefully! I don't like the tail cap threads on the T3 and T4 though so I think I'm gonna only DLC coat a handful of titanium S2+'s (with H17Fx drivers in them for proper thermal control) a T3 (such a nice pocket light) and an S21G (nice thrower)

But a TITANIUM Malkoff! That is the best of all worlds! Although after seeing the "show your beat up flashlights" thread it looks like the aluminum ones hold up fine, I would LOVE titanium!! Some people argue about thermals, I'm in the "for most cases 300lumens is all you need crowd" so thermals aren't really an issue.View attachment 58155
S2+Ti with 18350 shorty barrel, and a "polished" T3 Ti
View attachment 58156
S21G Ti and S2+ Ti with 18350 shorty barrel.
View attachment 58153View attachment 58154
That's awesome, I've been wrestling with the urge to get the 18350 S2+Ti. The only reason i haven't yet, is because I'd feel the need to do an optic swap and that's a whole nother can of worms that i'm easing myself into.

Got you down for another!

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
if there was a body or one known to be easily available I'd be in but like someone else said I'd have no use for it either.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
That's awesome, I've been wrestling with the urge to get the 18350 S2+Ti. The only reason i haven't yet, is because I'd feel the need to do an optic swap and that's a whole nother can of worms that i'm easing myself into.

Got you down for another!
When I got the S2+ Ti I knew it was going to be one of my favorites. I would LOVE if Malkoff would offer an MDC HA 18650 unshrouded in titanium to go with the VME head. I'm dead serious please ask him about it. I'll go ho-ing around Reddit and BLF and digging up interest.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to dig up 100+ people to make Ti happen 😞