E2XT Heads

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised at the size of the optic Gene was able to fit into the head. It's larger than the HOT's.

I also found out by accident that the head has two pieces, sorta like a VME.

spyderco monkey

Newly Enlightened
I'm impressed with the throw from this light.

I really hope we see a MD2 version designed for 18650's.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
For anyone that's got one of these bad boys. For the 6 volt model runtime is not horrible with a 16650. Now I know with my other Malkoff's the higher the voltage the more output so will you get full power on a 16650? 15-20 minutes with a couple of 123's won't really work for me

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2XT generates 46,500 lux at 1 meter from two brand new Surefire CR123s. My meter gives a reading of 46,800 lux from a freshly charged KeepPower 2500 mAh 16650. Even if the lux from a 16650 were a bit lower, the increased run time would be well worth it. I don't use many 16650s in weapon lights, but this one won't be driven by primaries.

My meter always reads lower lux levels than the advertised spec. I should confirm at what distance my meter matches the specs and test it with other Malkoff heads.

I didn't notice it before, but the head's label seems to state E2SHT.......E2 Super Hyper Throw? :) I pulled out the real camera and confirmed it by taking a photo and zooming in.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thanks grizz. I was hoping for that. If I get this it will definitely run on 16650's.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't realize that the light mentioned above has that type of tailcap. I just screwed the E2XT onto an LX2 body. As expected low is more like a medium level, much brighter than an 200 lumen E2D LED Defender on low.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't realize that the light mentioned above has that type of tailcap. I just screwed the E2XT onto an LX2 body. As expected low is more like a medium level, much brighter than an 200 lumen E2D LED Defender on low.

Nice ![emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would one head over the other work better for that particular style of switch?

I'm really looking at picking one of these up with a edcl2t.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the M61s and heads that I've tried have worked equally well. Heads with more spill work better on low, at short range, than ones with minimal spill.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
0ab24555fba00cf1bd566c36046be76d.png

Just sharing this

If anyone wanted to know how it looks on a edcl1t body/tailcap

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see what looks to be a kersaw Cali legal twitch, oh wait you got a e2sht. How's the run time on that set up

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked him the same question.

Sorry I forgot to mention in my previous post I found this on ig.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Run time has to be around 5-7 min. I'm just guessing

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey wicky998.
does the gaspedal works on the e2xt?

Can't confirm brother that isn't mine.

But I must say that it should , this isn't the first time I've seen that head on a gas pedal light .

I want to do this with the edcl2t

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a suggestion for removing the E2XT head from the 18650 body without also removing the E size adapter? I love the head and really love the 18650 body, but to remove the head, the adapter always unscrews from the body and is then stubborn as a mule to unscrew from the E2XT head. Is the o-ring just a smidge too large? Or am I the only one this is happening to?

I really like my E2 Super Head - well, love it actually, and like it on the 18650 body. However, I bought the 18650 body for the E2XT head because of the runtime, but swapping them out is a real pain in the dumper. I always have to use something to unscrew the adapter. Every. Single. Time. This just doesn't seem right to me...

I could just buy another 18650 body and then not worry about swapping the heads, but I won't have money for that until my stimulus check gets here. :naughty: :laughing:

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a suggestion for removing the E2XT head from the 18650 body without also removing the E size adapter? I love the head and really love the 18650 body, but to remove the head, the adapter always unscrews from the body and is then stubborn as a mule to unscrew from the E2XT head. Is the o-ring just a smidge too large? Or am I the only one this is happening to?

I really like my E2 Super Head - well, love it actually, and like it on the 18650 body. However, I bought the 18650 body for the E2XT head because of the runtime, but swapping them out is a real pain in the dumper. I always have to use something to unscrew the adapter. Every. Single. Time. This just doesn't seem right to me...

I could just buy another 18650 body and then not worry about swapping the heads, but I won't have money for that until my stimulus check gets here. :naughty: :laughing:
I use a little loc-tite p on the body. Also don't tighten it so much. Doing this will allow you to unscrew the head as one piece.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
What lubricate are you using?

I use nyogel, superlube or haynes

You could always add a drop or two of some oil like remoil or nano oil