Eagletac D25LC2 Owners?

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
Can you make some pictures holding the light in your hand?
And has some one an ultrafire WF-501B? If yes, can you make a comparison shot?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
vuju2ebe.jpg

ygegaduv.jpg

evy2a5ed.jpg

good?
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Boss

Newly Enlightened
Where exactly did you get or mod the D25LC2 XM-L2 U2 with 4.2A ?
I want one.

I did not know dedome increases the throw so much.
I want one

The 4.2A XM-L2 I was referring to was from my P60 drop-in that VinhNguyen built for me.

The only mod I did on my D25LC2 was the De-Dome of it's XM-L Cool White.

The two beamshots are of a D25LC2 De-domed XM-L Cool White, and a Stock D25LC2 XM-L2 Cool White

Tiresius

Enlightened
Thanks!!
That comparisonshot with the lighter is really nice!
Now I know it for sure, this wil be my next EDC flashlight!

Make sure you go for the XM-L2 version or the XP-G2. Tint should be your own preference of cool or neutral. The gen.2 has is noticeably brighter.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Luckily my dealer has only the XM-L2 version in stock! :)
Once there's a new version available they update their stock. :thumbsup:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
My XML2 has a nice tint. not warm, not too cool, jist a nice white tint. I'm loving mine sofar. I like the twisty mode change on the head and the way the modes are placed.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone been able to use "buttonless" 18650 batts successfully? Just wondering if the XM-L2 models enabled this capability.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
..however I have not evolved into a tint snob quite YET.:)

img20130503202835802.jpg

+

Just give it time on the tint snob thing:)
Also, very good picture of the dedomed xm-l (on right)

I mentioned this over in selfbuilts' review, but Tod at illuminationGear is getting some custom D25LC2 Twisty units in.

The D25LC2, easily one of the very best lights to date.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Has anyone been able to use "buttonless" 18650 batts successfully? Just wondering if the XM-L2 models enabled this capability.

The driver has a small ring encased around it to prevent flat-tops from fitting. I "did" managed to use a few CGR18650 cells but the slightest vibration will disturb the electric flow. I've heard about folks wanting to solder a blob or de-solder the ring to use flat-tops. Did not hear from them after the post though.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver has a small ring encased around it to prevent flat-tops from fitting. I "did" managed to use a few CGR18650 cells but the slightest vibration will disturb the electric flow. I've heard about folks wanting to solder a blob or de-solder the ring to use flat-tops. Did not hear from them after the post though.

Yeah, this was my experience - pretty annoying. I finally got brave enough to dremel down the "ring" far enough to enable the use of non-button top 18650s.
Now I can use my AW & Redilasts w/o problems :)

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
I have a cool white XM-L U2 clicky, and it's basically the perfect EDC light for me, except mine tends to switch modes or flicker when I bump the head with it on. Anybody have a fix for that?

Bumble

Enlightened
I have a cool white XM-L U2 clicky, and it's basically the perfect EDC light for me, except mine tends to switch modes or flicker when I bump the head with it on. Anybody have a fix for that?

that could be down to cleaning the threads and re-lubing them. just one significant piece of "dirt" can cause problems... thats your first fix to try, if you have not already done so.

Tiresius

Enlightened
The problem lies in the board that your body touches. There's free-play on the original body. I noticed that my custom body is more tighter and has less movements than the original one. I would just clean it and twist the head more loose if you're not using the turbo mode.

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Match took nice photos of it:

imag0208j.jpg

imag0209vn.jpg
[/QUOTE
i carelesslessly left my beloved lc2 U2 in a hotel room and have been missing it ever since. So I finally broke down and ordered a xm-l2 version and am wondering where I can buy this foursevens clip?

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Nevermind. I found it on goingear which ironically is where I just ordered my light! This is the kind of oversight that is also related to needed to buy a replacement light in the first place! :banghead:

Speaking of accessories, do any of you use a diffuser with your lc2 and if so what one?

thanks!
John

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
So I fixed the issue I was having. I put tape over the contacts on the PCB, so while it essentially disables the highest output (which, coincidentally is barely brighter to my eyes than the second highest), the light's far more reliable in daily use for me, now. I had my XM-L de-domed, and I really like the beam, but I really like the color on the 2nd gen CREE emitters, so I may have to try that "match" mod.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say that I just ordered a D25LC2 XM-L2 Cool White with an Eagletac 3400mAh battery.

It should be here by friday, it's gonna be a long 2 day's! :D

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Just wanted to say that I just ordered a D25LC2 XM-L2 Cool White with an Eagletac 3400mAh battery.

It should be here by friday, it's gonna be a long 2 day's! :D

Of all my lights I have the most copies of this one (in several LED versions and tints). It's fairly inexpensive and durable. It's got a great UI and can run efficiently on a variety of CR123/RCR123/16340/18650 cells. It's very compact and lightweight. So this light sits in a lot of vehicles, bags, backpacks, bobs etc.

My my favorite version is the neutral white XP-G2 which lasts a LONG time on a 3400ma 18650. But the XM-L2-U2 version puts out quite a wall of light for nearly as long. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.