Early Snowstorms Pound Europe

*Retired*
cratz2 said:
Wow NewBie... that last pic you posted is exceptionally nice. Well composed and metered. If the sun was just a tad to the left so that it wasn't being partially blocked by the tree, it would border on perfect!

Thanks, great to hear you liked it. Since bright sun on my digital camera causes severe flaring, I tried for a compromise in an attempt to get some of the sun, but not have it so intense that the sun causes the CCD to bloom and flare from top to bottom of the picture.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i hope i get snow here this year i would like to see it on lake and photograph it

*Retired*
A few shots from last January:

jan04ice.jpg

jan04ic2.jpg

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
The snow storm in Europe is mild compare to full winter storm in Canada. I thought northern europeans would be more prepared for snow. I had lived through snow storm with temp dropped below -45 degrees celcius for the whole 3 weeks straight.

B@rt

Flashaholic
The climate in our part of Europe is influenced by the warm Mexican Gulfstream, and as a result our winters are much milder than in the USA at the same lattitude. ;) Amsterdam and New York are roughly on the same lattitude, yet New York winters are much more severe than thw winters in Holland...

Snow, specially this much, ( 10+ inches on our eastern border) is extremely rare in late Autumn. ;) Many winters here have no snow to speak of.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, it is 57 degrees F now where I took the picture. Probably bye bye snow but I'm sure not for long. Growing up I only remember one green Christmas.

*Retired*
They had a bunch of truck and trailer combos jack knifed on Interstate 5 last night, and they had to close two sections here in Oregon, due to these early storms. Not too often do they have to close I-5.

They've been predicting snow here in the valley floor, but it hasn't fell yet.