East Coast USA...Charge your cells

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The storm essentially parked on the Bahamas overnight, moving at 1 mph with 150+ mph winds and 15+ foot storm surge; their news radio is broadcasting instructions for how to best cut your ceiling for roof access, and the newscasters are openly saying they're going to need assistance evacuating their building.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Pretty far away from the Carolina coast, but still concerned nonetheless.

Luckily my wife's friend got her into volunteer rescue/EMS so we have access to facilities if we lose power or worse. We are on well water so if electricity is interrupted, water is gone as well.

Hoping for the best for everyone.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last edited:

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Thanks guys for explaining. I read some of his posts and will read more later.

I just heard at least (5) confirmed dead in the Bahamas, but with that CAT 5 spinning that long in the same place with 185 MPH sustained winds, and gusts over 220 MPH I am sure that will number will unfortunately grow. :(

Be safe everyone!

LGT

Enlightened
FPL(Florida power & light) pretty much sent out an SOS due a forecast predicting a cat4 going right through the state. Electric crews, tree crews and every other support needed was there. I went down through my electric company. There were crews from New York, Massachusetts,Rhode Island, Vermont, Illinois, New Brunswick, Ontario, Louisiana,Georgia,Texas, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and probably a few more. The entire operation was impressive. The host utility has to set up where everybody is going to be roomed, how will they be fed, and what part of the state are we sending them. They handled it almost flawlessly. Of course the hurricane never hit, but they were ready.