eBay Fraud on PK1?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
book form?

they should make a moovy out of it!

i'm thinking gonzo should either be played by danny devito, or the guy that plays "minime" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, now, some of you guys egg him on! Still, I wish there was a way I could get him to paypal me a hundred bucks. What if I told him I graduated college?

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
We use to have some good train wrecks here on CPF that were entertaining & funny. Now everytime something gets interesting, thread closed. I also noted what would be called baiting by some cpf members on the bladeforum.
Double standards???????

B@rt

Flashaholic
Imfrogman,
as Kakster pointed out already, BF isn't moderated in the same way CPF is.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can ony assume you are referring to at least some of my posts, but remember that in the BF "Whine and Cheese forum", pretty much anything goes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Nevertheless, we are still anxious about gonczo's adventures.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
( btw, that is the reason my thread about the Gonczo beater was posted here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There have been some delays, but I am hoping the light will be ready in time to be shipped to a CPF member who will attend the Shot Show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For those interested, the GM-3 will be equipped with a Kroll switch and an X4T HD 5W, tempered a bit by a 3A diode, since I'd hate to loose such a perfect emitter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I am pretty confident this new setup will smoke the goncz design.

to be continued....

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
Bart,
My comment wasn't directed at you in particular, & I understand that bladeforums is different. However, remember we had our own Goncz tread that was pretty good, but, unfortunately shut down. My point was that everyone was laughing & bookmarking that site because it was entertaining, but criticizes the same stuff here.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Imfrogman. I understand your point, and although highly entertaining, I've wondered many times why he is allowed to keep going on on BF... Obviously it leads to nothing, other than sheer entertainment. CPF is trying to be entertaining as well as informative. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Canuke

Enlightened
Good God, I just got off that thread on BF... I haven't seen anything like that since the Mall Ninja. So much for geting to bed at a reasonable hour this eve *cough* morning...

Hey Sasha, the Crown & Anchor is indeed a great pub. ah, the memories... good ones involve some rocking "Home Cookin'" performances (a local funk band, sadly no more); weird ones include bumping into a blind date I didn't want to see again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

My point was that everyone was laughing & bookmarking that site because it was entertaining, but criticizes the same stuff here.

Hey, I let myself get roped into that train wreck, but I wouldn't want one happening nightly in my back yard... just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
As has been pointed out, BF is NOT CPF. They have made their choices as to how they run their forums and what they allow in certain forums and we have made ours. One factor that must be taken into consideration is that we definately have many more young members than they do. We really do need to be conscious of that when deciding what to allow here on CPF.

All that said... I'm not really sure why I have to adhere to the same rules there as I enforce here. Does that mean that no matter where I go on the internet, I have to behave the same way? That really is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? That would be like saying that when you go to a bar, you have to behave the same way you do when you are in church. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

There is a time and place for everything. We don't criticize that type of behavior here on CPF... we have simply chosen not to allow it. The reasons are many. One of which is that most members of CPF don't want it here on CPF... they'd just as soon have it somewhere else. Hypocritical? No. Not at all. Again, I'll use the bar scenario... most people wouldn't want others coming into their house and drinking and getting rowdy and basically trashing the place. That's what a bar is for. They aren't hypocrits... they simply choose to do certain things at certain places and nowhere else.

It has been discussed to try to set up a semi-private forum here on CPF for a "bar" type atmosphere. The list of pros vs. cons was too lopsided toward cons to continue with the thought. Perhaps someday we'll work that all out. Meanwhile, there is the Cafe. And while many feel that it is too heavily moderated, that's just the way we choose to have it. Honestly, I think the Cafe has come a long way. It's still not a full-out bar... but at least we allow adult beverages now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sasha...

I just want to compliment you, David, and the moderators of the CPF for doing such a good job of keeping the CPF a pleasant community. Thank for a job that`s being well done...and often under trying circumstances with little or no praise for your good efforts.

Like many other CPF members, I`m also a member of BladeForums, but I don`t post there except on rare occaisions. The reason: I view it as a rather harsh environment...and totally unlike the warm and friendly atmosphere you maintain here at the CPF.

As I once commented earlier (in a prior CPF thread about the BF), by way of anology, the BladeForums is a raucus saloon fight from the days of the old wild west, while the CPF is so nice and friendly that it is akin to a Women`s Club tea party...where the biggest issue in the area of social discord is whether it`s really considered proper to open up the window when someone passes gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again, thanks, guys, for making the CPF such a nice place to not only visit...but to also stay at and linger with joy and amusement for hours on end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Carpe... thank you for the compliments... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I do want to make one point in reply to your post though...

BladeForums is a very successful site. It is definately more successful than CPF! They have been around for alot longer than CPF has and they deserve all of the success that they have. I don't want to get into some kind of competition between boards... as has been pointed out, many of us are members of both boards and we have co-existed and mingled quite happily for several years. Everything has it's time and place. Different forums for different demographics and different topics and behaviors. This is not to imply that one is better than the other. We each have our successes in our chosen areas. And the extreme beauty of the internet is that we are all free to choose where we would like to "hang out" depending on what mood we are in. Kudos go to both BF and CPF.. for providing us all with options... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
If it wasn't for bladeforums I never would've discovered CPF.
...and I could've owned a summer home with the money I've spent on flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I can compliment or thank Sasha enough. I enjoy CPF on an almost daily basis. I've some contention with Sasha as I think she pretends to be 40 years old. Obviously her avatar indicates she is a college student. I think she might be part of an all female, crack team of ultra-intelligent Co-eds working on super-secret projects...They are located in Cambridge, MA.

I've done some looking around on BF trying to learn more about knives before I post a question or try to buy something. As Carpe Diem and others have indicated, definitely different than CPF but I like it too.

When I registered 6mo ago I introduced myself. I think I received about a dozen "welcomes". Some were CPFers, most were BFers. That was a friendly experience.

Most recently, I enjoyed reading about the young man that received $100.00 from J.G. on a bet.

So, kakster, am I correct in assuming the "PK-1" sellers became so frustrated with the fact that the physical address of our very own Obsessive Compulsive member is the same as your physical address and that they have chosen not to reply to you anymore? If so, shucks.

Jeff

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yea icebreak, an interesting read indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i origionally registered to post on the gonzo thread, but have sense become a full-fledged bf member, even stumbling into some of the "shadier" corners of the bar... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

it's a great place, but cpf is still home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I'm still laughing about that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Latest posts