EDC Basic bezel rings

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it looks like the LED has been changed to an SSC, you can very roughly expect about twice the factory levels.

Good points. If the brightness doubled then the chart of brightness levels is useful to determine the new defaults are 2 steps higher. And the lowest possible level if user programmed, would be 0.17, and the present preset D would be 0.66 lumens.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light in question was slightly brighter than my novatac 120 fwiw.

good info
your 120T on my homebrew meter measures 79 lumens, similar to the other 3 Novatac SPA 120's I have bought

so I think it is reasonable to assume the B42 is at least twice as bright with its present LED. I would call it essentially a B85.. if true, that suggests the lumen levels are 2 steps higher on the chart..

since gurdy is interested in the lowest level, my guess is Preset D is presently set to .66 lumens, and he will have the option to lower that to 0.17 lumens..

his Preset B is imo probably set to 21 lumens atm
and his Preset C is imo probably @ 3.8 lumens atm

here is a chart that includes the B85 lumen levels (note that the number of the levels goes the opposite way on the B42, than on newer HDS)
30428082017_6d06ed5bfc_z.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
43559552370_4ddc4502b9_z.jpg
was slightly brighter than my novatac 120 fwiw.

I just received a B42 tail and put it on my Novatac, just because I wanted to learn what a flush button feels like :)
At first it did not work, the light would not turn off. I replaced the spring with one from Unique Titanium, and Bob's My Uncle!
the spring is a snug fit into the tube, which is kind of nice, since it does not fall out when swapping 16340's
44462947165_0e3bb05e50_c.jpg

Im also experimenting with a bezel up clip.. I like that it keeps the light from rolling, and does not interfere with battery swaps.

the raised tactical button is much easier to use, and the knurled tail of the Novatac is much easier to hold onto
otoh the B42 smooth tailcap is easier to push into my pocket, and there is less chance of Accidental Activation..
fwiw the B42 tail weighs just 1 gram more..
Lego fun, the ano is a little mismatched.. LOL!
45375950871_7a038ac3d9_c.jpg

Ordered a Flush HDS button from Unique Titanium, so I have the option to swap out the Tactical button in the NovaTail

Last edited:

Latest posts