EDC forum down?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Poor Jon.

If I was a bunny, I'd cut off one of my feet and send it to him with a note saying "You need this more than I do."

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Okay, it's messed up, again. :(

EDIT ~

Nevermind, it's up again.

Last edited:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kelly was right that this software is buggy. It can all be fixed but it was not ready for prime time.

As some things are worked on it will be brought up and down. These will be brief but annoying.

Most of the stuff that has been going on is not the stuff the user generally sees. The things the users can see start Tuesday evening.

Quite a few people are asking for features to be added but I have to have it working and stable first.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The update is appreciated. Thanks, Jon.

Once again we learn it's just best to listen to Greta. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have yet to find a way to get to my subscribed threads. Otherwise it works OK for me.

Same here.

I just click onto "New Posts," and then I look through them for the envelope icons with the little green arrow in one corner. Those are the threads I'm subscribed to.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon is a brave man! The new vBulletin version that he is going to is so buggy! I'm still waiting for it to be stable before I even attempt to upgrade... and he is doing an import of a different software altogether into that version?!?!? :aaa:... I hope he has some professional help with that. It's not something I would attempt on my own.. if at all.. :eeksign:

No actually not brave, just amazingly stupid for not checking into how many bugs there is this version.

watt4

Enlightened
Jon, you could have converted to version 3.8 like CPF uses. buying a 4.0 license gets access to 3.8.
might be too late now.

I didn't see the version mentioned on EDCF till it was already done.

DaveT

Enlightened
Necropost...but relevant? I can't get EDC Forums today - getting "cannot find server."

Kardolf

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. It seemed to go down earlier this evening. I was in the middle browsing, and it crashed just as I went to the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Probably a good thing for me.

I'm sure they will be working on it to get it running again soon.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just used checked using the link saved in my "Favorites."

Yup, still down.