Emilion's Hunt Light 3W FT-01, Many Pictures!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there is one using 2x123 primary cells, but I'd love to see one using an 18650, which is one of this light's claim to fame.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if anyone cares, but I put a SF P60 LA in my FT-01 and it didn't work. The outter spring doesn't line up properly for the negative contact. Oh well.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one of these FT01's today...very nice light for the money...anodizing, fit and finish are all spot on...great light to slip into your jacket pocket, not to big, not to small, lovely warm white beam.

Excellent purchase IMHO - Possibly the poor mans Surefire?

CFU

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
Excellent purchase IMHO - Possibly the poor mans Surefire?
CFU

That's why I got my FT01...it looks more like a Surefire than a Surefire!:grin2: To me, it looks like a mini-Kroma. I told myself I wasn't going to purchase another 2cell light as my 1cells meet all my needs while being easier to carry and I have incans I can use if I want serious light, but the attractive design of the FT01 combined with the very flexible driver circuit (up to 9V input) and very good machining and build quality just made me get it. A very nice surefire-esque light indeed!

LeftCoastEddie

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered three. One for myself and two for a couple co-workers. They both love my QIII and have been bugging me to pick one up for them. I decided to pick up the FT-01 isteand. From what I've been reading about this light I think I made a good choice. This will be their first LED flashlight and my 3rd. I have been lurking here for a while and this is my first post, I have learned a lot from you fine people here.

Ed

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
Hey Ed,
I'm kinda new here too. Lots of good stuff to read if you have time.
The people who got the first HuntLights liked them so much I "had" to get one. I don't have any real expensive lights, but I got an FT01 about a week ago and I'm still pretty excited about it. Even the box it comes in is cool. I hope your friends at work are impressed with your flashlight buying wisdom.

Ken

greenLED

Flashaholic
jsr said:
Don't know if anyone cares, but I put a SF P60 LA in my FT-01 and it didn't work. The outter spring doesn't line up properly for the negative contact. Oh well.
I do, I do! :wave: I'd been asking about that. Could you replace the SF spring with the one on the FT-01 LA? or re-shape the spring to fit?

I'm *so* getting one of these. :grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
green - sorry, the FT01 spring won't work on the P60 LA. It's the outter spring on the P60 that doesn't fit...too small and ends up sliding into the battery tube. The spring assembly on the FT01 is completely different...no inner + outter spring setup like the SF. It's a contact tab at the bottom of a spring that makes positive contact with the batteries and the negative contact is made a different way. Physically it fits, but the outter spring is too small. If the outter spring were 2-3mm larger OD, it should work. All-in-all, the FT01 is a really great light. I run mine off a 14500 only and it seems like it runs forever before I have to recharge. Output and throw are great too and I love the SF-esque design.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed my o-ring broke on rear tailcap.

dsc02935smallvl3.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Hunt Light and they told me that they would send me some more o-rings.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems o-ring breakage is a common issue across their light offerings.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:sssh: .. I use *extra virgin olive oil* on my O-rings .....:grin2:

For a real smooooth movement ............:laughing:.......... it works !

............ really ......... TMG..:naughty:

Last edited:

vic303

Enlightened
My tailcap o-ring broke on my ft02x, and I replaced it with some teflon tapedope. Works fine and should keep water out just fine.

flame2000

Enlightened
ernsanada said:
Thanks for the tip! The reflector module unscrews.

dsc02591small5pm.jpg

Hi Guys,

I am considering getting this light. Is it easy to change the emitter for this Huntlight FT-01? From the pic, it looks like the emitter's leg is sitting inside the heatsink. I can't see the emitter legs or soldering of the legs. Thanks.:)

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my FT01 today from Jsburlys and popped my 18650 battery in when it was done charging, and the only thing I can say is WOW! More overall output than my Streamlight 4AA. Around twice as bright as my SXOH modded L1P (on alkaline) and this light is extremely white!!! The whitest LUX I have! Pure white.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
Has there ever been a runtime plot of this light using the 18650? I've seen the one using 2x123 primaries.

I don't think there have been, but I really wish one of the pros would do one (Roy,Chevro,Doug). If the results came out really positive I couldn't imagine any light being much better than this.

Latest posts