• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D1vn - Smallest 18350/18650 Thrower R

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a little time now to use my D1vn. I have the shaved dome SST40. There are rings on a white wall, but invisible in practice outdoors. It's actually a very practical light with a balance of throw & flood. This isn't a one trick pony. Of course I love the ramping UI. This is a great small all-round light for walks. I can see it getting tons of use.

XD9

Enlightened
Edited and retracted: Exchanged email with OP.

TIA!

Last edited:

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Vinh, any plans for Oslon black in this light?

I just received the D1vn with Oslon Black 6500K emitter that Vinh had for sale in his stickied sale thread. Wow, this thing is an impressive pocket thrower! Waiting for nightfall to compare it to a few other V54's I have, looks like it might be able to hold its own against my Lumintop SD26vn with XPL PDT. One of these days I'm going to get some comparison photos, I swear lol

You may be able to request a special order D1vn made to your specs, it'll just likely take longer and cost a bit more.

Last edited:

Grumpy1998

Newly Enlightened
I just received the D1vn with Oslon Black 6500K emitter that Vinh had for sale in his stickied sale thread. Wow, this thing is an impressive pocket thrower! Waiting for nightfall to compare it to a few other V54's I have, looks like it might be able to hold its own against my Lumintop SD26vn with XPL PDT. One of these days I'm going to get some comparison photos, I swear lol

You may be able to request a special order D1vn made to your specs, it'll just likely take longer and cost a bit more.

I just received mine with the Oslon Black and I compared it to my Eagletac G25C2 with the CREE XP-L HI V2 LED (Neutral White) and I thought something was wrong with my G25C2 because the little D1vn Oslon throws quite a bit better.

I checked my G25C2 against my wife's which has the HD instead of the HI led like mine does and mine threw further as expected and I also used different battery in it just to make sure nothing wrong with it.

You know Vin done something right when you think your other light was broken or something not right. The Oslon Rocks!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.. i have to agree with you guys. Oslon rocks..

just look at the data..
Xsvn. Oslon black. 300 lumen and 675k lux
xsvn. Xpg2 dedome. 300 lumen and 450k lux
xsvn. Xpe2. 300 lumen and 380k lux

Misthailin

Newly Enlightened
I just received a D1vn and a D4vn. The D4vn works great and is awesome! Can't say enough good things about it! Had no trouble with the UI or anything, very easy to use light. My D1vn however, I put the recommended battery in to the (LG INR18650MJ1 3500mA) and the light did respond briefly. It lit up, but would not ramp or anything, then abruptly shut off in a couple seconds from initially being turned on. It has not responded since. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: unscrewed head, screwed back on. Problem solved.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a D1vn and a D4vn. The D4vn works great and is awesome! Can't say enough good things about it! Had no trouble with the UI or anything, very easy to use light. My D1vn however, I put the recommended battery in to the (LG INR18650MJ1 3500mA) and the light did respond briefly. It lit up, but would not ramp or anything, then abruptly shut off in a couple seconds from initially being turned on. It has not responded since. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yup, email Vihn. That's not normal. He'll take care of you.

Grumpy1998

Newly Enlightened
I had accidentally unscrewed the head a tiny bit on mine and it acted like yours. With a quick tightening of the head it would still act a little funky so I took the battery out and put back in and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Misthailin

Newly Enlightened
I had accidentally unscrewed the head a tiny bit on mine and it acted like yours. With a quick tightening of the head it would still act a little funky so I took the battery out and put back in and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Imagine that! I went to unscrew the head... it was tight, very tight! I was thinking while I was trying to unscrew it, "no way did I unscrew this at all!" Got it off, screwed it back on, and works like a charm! Thanks for the tip Grumpy! I was hoping it was user error haha

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine that! I went to unscrew the head... it was tight, very tight! I was thinking while I was trying to unscrew it, "no way did I unscrew this at all!" Got it off, screwed it back on, and works like a charm! Thanks for the tip Grumpy! I was hoping it was user error haha

Awesome! Glad someone was able to help you out!

Misthailin

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! Glad someone was able to help you out!

There must've been a deeper issue though, because the led just started smoking and there is a black mark in the center of it now.

edit: seems like whatever coating was on the led burned up? The led itself seems intact after blowing it off.

Last edited:

XD9

Enlightened
I got mine two days ago... It has become one of my favorites of all times.... Amazing throw for such a compact light,... Now on the search for a Clip. :)

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
I got mine two days ago... It has become one of my favorites of all times.... Amazing throw for such a compact light,... Now on the search for a Clip. :)
I used the clip off my Nitecore P12, and it works well enough. (so Thrunite tn12, Fenix PD35, and similar should be good)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heads up on a beginner mistake by an old pro. I had half a dozen lights next to my chair as I ran through my routine biannual maintenance on my lights. Clean threads, remove, clean, relube & reinstall "O" rings, drop in new cells, measure the old looking for parasitic drain, polish glass, wipe inside & out with Sentry cloth, etc, etc.
After working on 4 Olight Batons(positive terminal down on battery), I grabbed my D4VN. You guessed it-I put the battery in backwards! And without protection it could have been really bad-just 60 or 90 seconds passed when I tried to pick up the light(I say tried because it was so hot my thumb blistered where I touched it). I had been charging batteries so I had three Lipo-Guard fireproof charging bags out-I grabbed a kitchen mitt and tossed the light into the bag and took everything outside(to disperse the toxic fumes that can be released when a battery "vents"). I was able to unscrew the bottom cap and remove the cell. The wrapper was split, bare metal exposed but no flame out or venting. I went back outside 5 minutes later, and despite it being 62 degrees Fahrenheit, the light was still too hot to touch. An hour later, I assessed the light and all seemed ok, a new cell and it worked perfect. Just to be safe I ordered another D4VN(Love this light)! The cell read 2.92v. I put a new wrapper on, and recharged it. It terminated at 4.18v, an hour later it was 4.16v and for two days has held that voltage. I will still trash it as insurance and I still have 20-30 other Q30's. Please learn from my stupid mistake-this D4VN & all Emisar D* lights are awesome lights, but without reverse polarity protection the results can be painful, dangerous and costly. It taught me that I really need to be as attentive and cautious with lights/batteries in the same manner I approach my guns. Some may think that is overkill, but I'm ok with that...

Added clarification:
after replacing batteries in a flashlight (Olight S1R Baton) that required the positive terminal towards the tail cap, I also inserted a Samsung Q30 into my D4VN with the + terminal towards the tailcap(This is BACKWARDS from what is required), without reverse polarity protection, this could have had a catastrophic ending.....

Last edited: