EOS 2 vs. The NEW QUAD

Inconceivable

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a direct comparison of the new ones. I think this would be interesting since they appear to have about the same output. I am not interested in the old versions. Thank you for any help.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EOS 2 and the new EOS are a little brighter on high than the Quad. These are the approximate lumen ratings for each setting.
EOS: High-50 lumens, Medium-20 lumens, Low-5 lumens
EOS II: High-50 lumens, Low-10 lumens
Quad: High-45 lumens, Medium-20-25 lumens, Low-10-12 lumens

The EOS headlights are brighter and have better runtimes on high. The Quad is the more efficient one on low. On medium, they are comparable in brightness and both have about 10 hours regulated. The EOS and EOS II now have the more even beam pattern. The Quad's l.e.d.s have been angled toward each other to make one spot for more throw. The Quad still has massive flood light, but more of the light has been concentrated into the spot. The EOS has a good balance of spot and flood that lights up as a square covering an entire trail with light but the spill light doesn't extend to all of your peripheral vision. The EOS has the best range of brightness settings. The EOS has the highest high and the lowest low which will give you the best runtimes of the three lights on both high and low. The EOS II has a simpler U.I., has a higher safety rating, and comes with a rubber strap and stick on velcro for hard hat use. The Quad has about the highest low that is more efficient. At that brightness level, it should last longer than the EOS II low and is probably still bright enough for hiking with night adapted eyes. The EOS headlights have a more even beam. The Quad has a large spot beam and massive, dimmer spill light.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
One thing I would like to add. I checked out the fuel at EMS. Found the LEDS more blueish than the EOS 2 single Rebel LED. If the Quad uses the same newer 5mm as the Fuel the EOS should have a nicer warmer tint. Kinda important for night trail markers.