Fantasy AAA EDC from my wish list - the PREVO!

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the spirit of good-will, I would like to contribute to your original post with this input:

I think that if Zebralight ever ventured into the AAA realm, they could get close to your ideal light. The new H51 get as low as 0.2~0.3 lumens and as high as 200 (allegedly) on an AA Eneloop! Their flashlight line (SC) is designed to run on any AA-sized cell, but their headlamps are optimized for NiMH (which seems to be doing well enough with their current circuit).

They would have to redesign their clicky to fit into a AAA-sized light. I think a metal electronic clicky, as used in the LF2XT, would be ideal, preferably with a trit slot! They may also need to lenghten the head of the light (and hopefully stream-line it) to provide the necessary heat-sinking to run on High for any length of time.

Personally, I'd be most excited abot a tiny angled, headlamp-style light, but if they come out with that, they'd probably come up with an equivalent AAA flashlight, too.

Well, OK, then!

I would agree with you about the Zebralight H51. If they came up with a AAA version I'd buy one in a heartbeat. In fact, I've been eyeing the SC51 and will probably end up buying one of those too because I think I may not own enough flashlights. :D I really like how their switch design allows for a shorter flashlight without a twisty and the light has impressive specs.

Maybe a AAA with my desired capabilities will be doable when the new depleted uranium rechargeables become available next year. Of course, using those will probably require liquid cooling. :crazy:

Last edited: