FatFlex Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Okay, this may sound bad, but I was in church and got a little bored with the lesson :sleepy:, so I browsed on over to CPF (thank you Cingular) and what do I find... George has solved the elusive maxflex problem! Talk about an hallelujah moment! :bow: Looking forward to placing an order! I have two quad mag projects sitting here waiting on them!

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great news George. Will I be able to update the one I have? (I have workshop facilitys)

Yeah, if you have access to caps and can solder/desolder small components then it should be possible to rework your own driver.

After more testing, it appears that the ground ring doesn't need to be cut. I had cut it during the initial debug and that made things worse with C7 in place - actually really bad - which was actually good since it gave a solid failure to track down. After C7 was removed and a cap soldered directly over U3 (see below), I resoldered the ground ring/plane back and it is still running solid.

So it would seem that the rework will involve removing C7 and soldering a 1 uF cap (X7R preferably) across Pin 4 to Pin 8 of U3 (a leaded capacitor either radial or axial). A radial may be better since it would sit flush over the top of U3.

cheers,
george.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I thought that C7 u2 solder thingy needed some planing to pin that sucker to the ground and...... :wtf::stupid: I`ll just buy some MaxFlex when you have them a :rock: for us, please? :D

Like everyone else, I am extremely happy to hear this MaxFlex news update! :twothumbs

Ledean

Enlightened
Okay, this may sound bad, but I was in church and got a little bored with the lesson :sleepy:, so I browsed on over to CPF (thank you Cingular) and what do I find... George has solved the elusive maxflex problem! Talk about an hallelujah moment! :bow: Looking forward to placing an order! I have two quad mag projects sitting here waiting on them!

Browsing in Church ?. Hav'nt heard that one before.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... if one wants to buy a FatFlex board now, do we directly get a debugged and solid working board or does it need reworking by the buyer?

Sorry just little confused :shrug:

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... if one wants to buy a FatFlex board now, do we directly get a debugged and solid working board or does it need reworking by the buyer?

Sorry just little confused :shrug:

The boards will be reworked and tested prior to shipping.

The reason I explained what the rework entails (at this point) is that one poster requested information about whether it would be possible for him to rework his own board.

cheers,
george.

Status
Not open for further replies.