• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: 1 and 2X18650 Aleph and E-series compatible Bodies

Radio

Modulated Moderator
newbitmapimagepq2.gif

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can a 3 cell version be used for?

Btw, sign me up for a 2 cell version in HA-NAT in addition to the two 1 cell versions I'm already signed up for.

Sigbjoern

big beam

Enlightened
I think I'll just be in for 1-18650 tube.I thought the KL1 head could run on 2 cells but I was wrong.KL3 can run on 2-18650's. :ohgeez:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I met with my machinist this AM to go over the rough dimesnsions. Hopefully I will have estimated prices by the end of the next week.

MM

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
big beam said:
I think I'll just be in for 1-18650 tube.I thought the KL1 head could run on 2 cells but I was wrong.KL3 can run on 2-18650's. :ohgeez:

There's no time like the present to dive into modding! :)

MM

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
big beam, for awhile all KL1's could run on two Lithium Ion batteries, or three CR123 batteries. My KL1 shows lower battery amp drain with two Lithium Ion batteries than with one Lithium Ion battery, or with two CR123's, which shows that my light is running in regulated buck mode. Newer KL1 may be set up for only 6 volts max, not sure. The only way to tell is to measure at tailcap (tailcap removed) with DMM set at 10 amps or more and red lead moved to 10 or 20 amp setting. If amps reading is lower with two LiIon's or three CR123's then it is ok to run that way. If amperage is more, much more than two CR123's, or one LiIon then don't run that way.

Bill

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Sorry to bring this subject up again, but presumably these can be used with an EC step-up adapter to allow a C series bezel to be used on one of these? I guess it would not be very cost effective since one would have to buy an E-series compatible switch as well but it would work (?).

Mirage_Man said:
Well let's stay on subject here. If this works out we'll explore that possibilty. :grin2:

BTW thanks again for that 2x123a body!

MM

big beam

Enlightened
Thanks bullzeyebill
My KL1 head is with CM getting a new reflector and U bin(stock bias).So when I get it back this week that's the first thing I'll check.
DON

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
More interest here... I'd be up for a 1x18650 E series compatible tube, preferably in HA natural. I'd love to run a Surefire KL1/KL4 head on an 18650, but TranquilityBase's tubes don't exactly seem to grow on trees.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting to hear back from my machinist for initial pricing estimates. As soon as I know so will you.

MM

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in one 1x18650 in HA-NAT for use with my Surefire KL4 head.

If I am reading this right, the tube will be threaded to use an 'E' series tailcap and an 'E' series head, correct?

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
NotRegulated said:
If I am reading this right, the tube will be threaded to use an 'E' series tailcap and an 'E' series head, correct?

Yes that is correct. As such will also work with Aleph series lights.

MM

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update 9/13:

I spoke with my machinist today and got preliminary pricing. I have to get with the anodizer next. I will post a tentative price in a new thread this evening. If the demand meets original expectations I will begin working on the prototype next week. :twothumbs

MM

03lab

Enlightened
I'm interested in one 1x18650 and maybe one 2x18650 body in HAIII nat. and Surefire E-Series styling if possible. ;)