• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FEELER: 2Nd Run Of FM3H

Geologist

Enlightened
Still interested in 1 piece.

I would like a RED one for my Mag 85 (color pending final choices?).

Gotta find some dough!

Thanks FM!

Geo

Geologist

Enlightened
One quick question about the reflector opening. Will the OSRAM 64623 (same as in the Torch & Clones) pass through the opening?

Thanks!

Can't wait!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Geologist said:
One quick question about the reflector opening. Will the OSRAM 64623 (same as in the Torch & Clones) pass through the opening?

Thanks!

Can't wait!

They are .5" bore, so yeah those will fit.

Action

Enlightened
Ummm, I'd be in for one in Nat HAIII. The only opening if 0.5"? Will we have the option of getting another reflector with another size?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

JaGWiRE

Newly Enlightened
I am very new to flashlights, but am looking to buy one quality one. This group buy is not for a flashlight, but a head, correct? You will just get the head, and will have to find what I guess is called a body to put it on, or whatever? If it is not just a head, I may be interested, if you have the specifications of the actual flashlight.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
JaGWiRE said:
I am very new to flashlights, but am looking to buy one quality one. This group buy is not for a flashlight, but a head, correct? You will just get the head, and will have to find what I guess is called a body to put it on, or whatever? If it is not just a head, I may be interested, if you have the specifications of the actual flashlight.

Jag, you are correct in this just being a promotion for an upcoming group buy of a 3" head as shown by FiveMega on page one. You will be able to screw this onto a standard MagLite 1D/2D/3D body. When you see the effect this gives on a flashlight's "throw" focussed into the distance, it is quite remarkable. You can start your hobby by looking for various MagLite modifications, using special bulbs, aluminum reflector, and glass lens. Click on my link in that post #128 above to see images of the difference in size and depth.

The problem is if like me you realize about a month after getting into MagLite mods, that you would like to try using a 3" reflector, they will be impossible to come by. I have waited over a year to see another 3" group buy....and it is a long wait. So my advice if you have the money, is to buy at least one of these so you have it. You will be able to sell it in a heartbeat if you don't think you need it.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
JaGWiRE said:
I will second LuxLuthor's suggestion. This head in combination with a nice simple Mag85 build (3D body, 9AA>3D holder, bi-pin adapter, 1185 bulb) will make for a stellar and reliable light. Even if you decide that a Mag85 with the standard 2" Mag head is enough, you can always sell the head, there will be no shortage of buyers.

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega,

I'd like two of these. One in gunmetal grey and the other probably HAIII natural.

Thanks,

Chuck

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
LuxLuthor said:
Please reserve 5 for me with colors of 2 red, 1 black, & 2 HA-GM Gray. (Another chrome/nickel would be nice) Are you going to start an official GB thread for these, or use this thread?

Based on this incredible bulb/light performance, please make it 5 for me. Colors of 2xRed, 2xHA-GM Gray, 1xBlack. If you can do a Nickel or Chrome bezel, then make it 6 to reserve for me.

Please reserve these for me, I guarantee payment. I'm afraid these will sell out in a very short time, and do not want to miss it.

Last edited: