Fenix HL60R with Magic Tape

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps this may interest those who own an HL60R or HL55.
I have a HL60R which has a beam with spot.
The spill is good but the beam is not as comfortable as Armytek's TIR lens or Zebralight's frosted lens.
I applied the Magic Tape to the headlamp without touching the glass.
I was expecting an improvement but the result exceeded expectations.
I have applied Magic Tape in the past to other lights but here the results seem superior (maybe for the lens that is in depth?)
Unfortunately now I can't take pictures of the beam to show the difference, maybe in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 155

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to take some shots in the garden. This is an animated gif with and without Magic Tape.
The wide beam is with Magic tape, the effect is really good.

Attachments

• ezgif-4-3f7b7ec18033.gif
    ezgif-4-3f7b7ec18033.gif
    616.6 KB · Views: 202

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
These days I found myself often using the red light of the Fenix model HM61R It has 3 levels of red light, 1 lumens, 5 lumens, red flash.
Using the red (1 lumens) of the HM61R I realized the big difference with the red_1 lumens of the HL60R
The red of the HL60R seems less strong in light intensity (it looks like 0.5 lm) but the thing that bothers me are the *terrible concentric artifacts* of the two red LEDs of the HL60R.
On HM61R the red light has no artifacts and looks more like flood (the two red LEDs in this model are under the opaque lens)
I wanted to try using the magic tape but this time applying it only on the red leds.
The result is really good, the artifacts are totally gone and the red light seems to be diffused evenly.
In the photo two examples of HL60R
The closest has the Magic Tape on the red LEDs, the other does not.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 129