fenix ld01 pocket clip and diffuser

exodus125

Enlightened
any progress??

I got an email from Pontiaker telling me he would try to finish it this weekend, he was at or on his way to a knife show when he sent the email. I don't mind waiting since he was nice enough to offer his services for free and I understand hes got things to do just like everyone else. I will post pictures as soon as I get it back though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

exodus125

Enlightened
Is it true you can only run the tk40 on turbo for 15 mins at a time?

I like the power of the TK4o but I like the rotating bezel of the TK30 to change modes.

Which would you recommend?

I have never used or seen a tk30, so I cant comment. But I love my tk40. I think there was a member on here who left it on accidentally for the full 2hrs and nothing happened to it. But I have never ran the light for that long. Quite honestly I don't see the need to run a light that long anyways, especially in turbo.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have never used or seen a tk30, so I cant comment. But I love my tk40. I think there was a member on here who left it on accidentally for the full 2hrs and nothing happened to it. But I have never ran the light for that long. Quite honestly I don't see the need to run a light that long anyways, especially in turbo.

Actually I meant to say TA30.

Is the TK40 too bright to use indoors?

recDNA

Flashaholic
yea I meant ta30 too, its a bright light, But did you actually just say TOO BRIGHT?

There are some lights that ARE too bright for indoor use. Since the TK40 has multiple outputs I guess it doesn't apply ...but wouldn't 630 lumens just hurt your eyes bouncing off of white walls in a dark room?

recDNA

Flashaholic

Isn't the FUN of a 630 lumen lamp running it AT 630 lumens?

exodus125

Enlightened
Isn't the FUN of a 630 lumen lamp running it AT 630 lumens?

never said it wasn't fun or not to run it. I mean I hardly ever need to run a light for more than a few minutes.

BTW, got an email from Matt today, the light is on its way. :rock:

scorchio

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF - my first post on my first (but certainly not last), flashlight!

I was searching for a diffuser for my LD01 and found that the white container tube from a bottle of Krazy Glue works really well. Just peel the sticker, ditch the cap and toss the glue in a drawer. It's almost exactly the same size as the LD01 so not nearly as portable as a chapstick cap but it fits perfectly (right down to the knurling , very snug), and looks pretty cool.

Excuse poor photo:

2e0i6bo.jpg

Hope this helps.

jensus

Newly Enlightened
@scorchio:
That's what I'm exactly looking for for month. Great diffuser for the Fenix L0D.
The problem I have is, that in Germany you can not buy this Krazy Glue of course. What kind of glue did you chose? Is it 'All Purpose Instant Krazy Glue® Pen' or is it 'All Purpose Instant Krazy Glue®' ? Or something else? :thinking:

Would you mind sending me one? I would pay for it, of course.

jensus

Newly Enlightened
Or does someone else have another suggestion for using some stuff as a diffuser?

Last edited:

scorchio

Newly Enlightened
I used the "Krazy Glue All Purpose Tube" - you might be able to pick some up on eBay, if not drop me a message and I'd be happy to post one to you.

jensus

Newly Enlightened
@scorchio:
could you be so kind and post me one, please? I tried to get one, but it is not possible. Here in Europe you can not buy any. And to buy one on ebay.com is only possible for Americans due to shipping only to US or Canada.

I tried to find something similar here in Germany, but I did not find anything similar. If you send me a stick, how can we handle the payment? I don't have paypal.