Fenix TK-70

kj2

Flashaholic
I see that on the pics above, the tailcap from the TK70 is different than on the pics on the Fenix website.

kj2

Flashaholic
jgietu.jpg
jgietu.jpg

qz5c38.jpg

Different tailcap on the Fenix website.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix don't mention on the website that you will get a extender..

True, but your eyes can see it. In the Thai pix it's clearly the length of 3 D cells not 4, and the tube is identical to the TK60.

EDIT: yes, you're right, on closer inspection of the promo shots of the TK60 and the TK70, although the battery tubes LOOK similar at first glance, they are in fact different.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
True, but your eyes can see it. In the Thai pix it's clearly the length of 3 D cells not 4, and the tube is identical to the TK60.
true, but there isn't written on 'TK70' , so I think that thai pic is a prototype

uknewbie

Banned
I am not sure why there are so many comparisons with the Olight SR90. Seem quite different to me. The SR90 is very much a throw light, this Fenix is more floody. Fenix describe it as so on their website.

Also, forget about running this thing on alkelines. To get anything like the performance or espescially runtime, you need good quality NiMH, high capacity cells. Oh and a charger capable of charging them all.

I own enough LSD 10Ah NiMH D cells, and a MAHA C-808M charger, but I would still not buy this.

It is just too big. 4 D cell in length, and a head diameter bigger than the SR90?? HUGE!

Also, there seems to me to be a lot of "wasted" space inside this head design with multi reflectors. The space round the three small reflectors does nothing. At least with the SR90 huge head you are getting a pretty neat beam and good throw because of it.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to see what the beam pattern at closer distances looks like with the TK70. They did an amazing job with the TK45, but it might be harder to get a smooth beam pattern with this format multi-faceted reflector.
2011624164534337.jpg

EDIT: PS, notice a lumpy beam pattern on mid, high, and turbo, but what appears to be a smooth circular beam on low... I wonder if it just appears that way because of the lower light for the photograph, or if it is because only 1 emitter is running, like with the TK45?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to see what the beam pattern at closer distances looks like with the TK70. They did an amazing job with the TK45, but it might be harder to get a smooth beam pattern with this format multi-faceted reflector.

The beam is very smooth. You will not see any beam defects in a real usage.

dwminer

Enlightened
"CPF member jirik_cz reported that it can run on 2D li-ion"

Is this really true? If so this will change the game for me. Now I really want one.
Dave

PS Where does one purchase "D" li-ion and a charger?

mandrews58

Newly Enlightened
if you point this thing in the wrong direction, do you end up on trial? It's happened with laser pointers.

CyberCT

Enlightened
This light is way too long. It should have been made to take 6 18650s like the SR90/91. It was a dumb move by Fenix.