Fenix TK10 Very Fast Flicker Problem (Not Low Batteries)

yalskey

Enlightened
Something weird is happening to my Fenix TK10. I have it loaded with primaries (2x CR123A) and it will come on in High/Turbo for a few seconds, but then it will start to have a very fast flicker in the beam... almost like the fast flickering it does when the batteries are low, but faster and less noticable / more subtle.

So, I did what anyone would do. I put 2 fresh surefire batteries in there and thought that would solve it... nope, after about 30 seconds, the same high frequency flickering started again.

Keep in mind, this is on High (225 lumens), so I don't think it's any kind of PWM or whatever you call it.

What gives? Is my light defective now?

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The first thing that i would try would be De-Oxit. It sounds like a resistance problem to me. Did you try cleaning the threads?

yalskey

Enlightened
No, I didn't clean them... but this thing has really been a shelf queen. It's virtually fresh out of the box.

I'll have to order some De-Ox from the Fenix-Store and try that out.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I am guessing from your posts that it does not do this when in low mode, correct?

Try just running the batteries down and see if the flickering gets worse or better after 20 minutes of run time.

Next, try if you have them a couple of the 3.7V RCR123s with a fresh charge and see if that make it better or worse.

If you don't have de oxit available yet, I would just loosen up the threads clean with rubbing alcohol, dry off, put it back together run the threads back and forth a few times and start over and see what that does.

Report back with your findings when you get a chance.