Fill in the blank. "If you, you just might be a flashaholic!"

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh no, not again...
Yup, again.
I know your views on the case.
PL was guilty of what they were accused of. That's all that matters.

Sorry, but I will never agree with that. We know they were guilty, now.
When the case started, we didn't. Maybe they used different internals in their tailcaps to achieve the same result. Similar to how literally every single flashlight company makes their twist models. Makes sense to keep the head tight in the off position. Loosen a bit to turn the light on. Not enough for the head to fall off. Just a bit. So why does every flashlight company do it ha$$ backwards? Maglite would sue them for infringement if they did it the proper way.

Like I said, now we know the truth about PL. Back when the case started, we didn't. It's not about guilty or not guilty. The proper procedure was not followed. For those who only care about the outcome, it doesn't matter to them. I can't agree. Procedure matters. Imagine if proper procedure or due process was completely ignored....

"Your Honor, my client wants the defendant to be put in jail for the claim of assaulting her in an obscene manner when she was passed out at the party. We know the trial has only started. But we believe the defendant should stay in jail until the case is done."

Now imagine a judge doing that very thing. Claims not proven at that point. One side getting what it wants, anyway.

The judge in the case involving SureFire and PL didn't do his job. He did the job of a Working girl, and happily bent over for SureFire.

I work a second job that is an additional 60 hours per week on top of my first job just to buy lights I review once and put in a metal tool box and don't get used.

In addition to that I buy anything I like from a manufacturers line up within the past 40 years that I like. I'm almost out at the point of having it all. I experiment with batteries and electronics that support these lights too. I'm going to be out of lights to buy before the year is up or even in less than a years time of restarting my hobby.

I'm considering buying a proxxon lathe just to make the style of bodies I want for light parts I have and so I can use obscure cell sizes.

I'm a full blown flashaholic.

I think my future of this hobby will be in metal working, electonics projects, mechanical drawing, anodising aluminium, and the like.

I find industrial art to be interesting and I feel a light should be an object of art. I've felt this way ever since having a Led Lenser V2. It is very nearly useless but looks amazing and is just ergonomic enough to feel good in the hand.

I want to create at some point.
Milling your own stock? Now THAT'S a real flashaholic!!!

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you agonize which light(s) to bring while going fruit picking (in the bright summer sun) you might be a flashaholic.
Obviously you carry one that is in a fun summer colour in a Fobus First Responder Tactical Carrier.

Then you ponder about when lights will be in sun power instead of candlepower....

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you need to do more outdoors activities or work on some projects that are automotive related and would need a light at some point in order to complete a task to discover them. Or just strike up a conversation about hobbies and be like yeah I'm into lights. Most guys that like tools, edc, guns, the outdoors, or work a trade also tend to have a flashlight. It usually isn't the most exciting piece of kit though.

I met a few people into flashlights on a trade board and messer/messen forums. One was like dude you should totally go to CPF but I already had an active account here when he told me.

I typically go to the men's restroom at the beach and slide a flashlight under the partition into the next stall. If they can identify the model I know I've found a bro.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have over 500 Surefire lights in your collection.
I now have over 100 lights and barely can store them. I'd like to see how you do it with five times as much.
I would be interested to know how people manage this. I have almost 400 full size police flashlights and it's a disaster keeping them stored. One wrong step away from a flavalanche.