finally all set for a Thor mod.... questions though

R10500

Newly Enlightened
so i finally received the hid kit i ordered about 4 weeks ago. quite a problem having my payment approved, on aliexpress... still pleased that i haven't ended up like some of the numerous unhappy customers of aliexpress. will post up pictures and observations of the quick fast ballast that i got but first i've got some questions.

i've connected all the wires from the ballast and bulbs to each other. it's supposed to be as straightforward as that right?

next concerns the trouble supposedly even having the h4 bulbs fixed in place because of focusing issues. must i really use spacers and can i use something like pvc, which is what i remember reading about in one thread?

lastly, how do i disconnect the leads from the stock bulb to the battery? they seem to be held in place by some black stuff in the positive and negative poles on the battery. after that how do i link the HID bulb up to the battery?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hid kits are "plug and play" so just make sure you have the polarity correct. As far as the "black stuff" (I'm going too guess is liquid electrical tape) should just pick/peel off.
When out comes to shimming the new bulb, this may or may not be necessary, I suggest installing the new bulb and seeing how well it's focused and then go from there.

R10500

Newly Enlightened
ok. i've decided to just remove the leads at the bulb but i'm not sure how to remove it. i'm thinking of reusing it for the H4 hid bulb. All the circuitry in the spotlight are definitely fine to leave as they are though right? having to remove and replace things would complicate things for a newbie to mods like me

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
Japan is in the Pacific,japen is a southern word for getting in. There's the pool,let's japen:whistle:

R10500

Newly Enlightened
yeah i've opened it up and looked at all parts in the spotlight. i just do not want to accidentally destroy or render something useless, not being familiar with this. my main question now is if i should even take the prongs at the bulb out just by pulling it, because if that's the way it should be done i can easily replug them into the stock bulb if i want to in the futuer.

R10500

Newly Enlightened
Thanks fritzhid, i was just trying to pull it out but held back afraid that i'd ruin it. maybe i should use a pair of flat nosed pliers for that job. can't wait to mod it already!