• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FINALLY SOLD: Black MicroMagMadMax+ for sale

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
4m+3.jpg

$115 gets you the black 4M+, based on haveblue's MicroMag, a MadMax+ sandwich with Y0 bin Luxeon 3, complete with Sanyo 2100 NiMH cell, and SO17XA reflector. All this is brand new, turnkey and ready to go out of the box, no assembly required. Surprise freebie included (you'll find out when it gets there.)

These are alkaline, NiMH and lithium-ion (14500) compatible. If you have a 14500 you should give it a try, you can drive the thing at full power and get some truly amazing amounts of light out of it.

Paypal CC/non-CC accepted, shipping included, anywhere in the world via airmail.

(Unfortunately, I have had to re-list this item again since it's been more than 3 days and no reply from the buyers. Please PM me for Paypal address - first person to send Paypal gets it. I am kinda disappointed by the no-shows.)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MicroMagMadMax+ for sale

PM received. It's yours once you send Paypal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Item re-listed due to lack of responses and no-shows from all parties concerned. The queue starts afresh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rules of the road: PM me for Paypal address. First person to send Paypal gets it. Item remains open to all comers UNTIL payment has been received. Thank you!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

Done.
Beamshots? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, you are the One.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4m+2.jpg

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sweet. Now whether I should keep this or give it away... though I -did- buy it as a gift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Hopefully I'll have a chance to play with it before it goes onto its final home. At least this'll save my Aleph from being snatched for a while, the way my Flik was. Oh, and by the by - was that beamshot with the NiMH or the Li-Ions? Given that it can handle Li-Ions, the lithium AAs shouldn't be a problem, yes?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehe.. I think you will at least get the chance to try it. The beamshot was with NiMH in order to give a more realistic picture of what it is capable of with ordinary cells, and the bigger corona of the SO17XA (which yours shipped with) makes it harder to compare to the tighter beam of the NX05. There's a lot of spill that didn't get captured. hmmm.. hey, where'd my integrating sphere go? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lithium AA should be fine. The light will benefit from the higher voltage, recall the MadMax+ converter was originally designed to run on 2xAA (3V). The MM+ is (if I recall correctly what dat2zip said) a constant-current driver, except that it is constant-current on the BATTERY side, not on the LED side. The higher the voltage the better, up to safe limits of course.

Don't worry about missing out on haveblue's BB650, you can still get lithium ions for this beast, I tried one on a normal 2AA Mag with 2xNiMH and the increase in light is just amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif you just have to be careful that the MM+ doesn't kill the lithium ion because unlike the BB it WILL suck these things dry to the point where they'll never charge again. I chose the MM+ because the BB series is not capable of single-cell operation, as I wanted to design this light to be capable of running on lithium ion for max power, NiMH for guilt free lumens, and alkaline to ensure you can get fresh reloads any time you need it.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

It'll suck the NiMH to death too, though, won't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll make suggestions on that - if they need extra light, just get a lithium disposable and take their chances... and NiMH for when they're using it often, but carry spares.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

It sure will. The good thing and the bad thing about the basic MM+ engine that's used in this and many other mods is that it bleeds cells to death. Good if you're using primary cells (you'd get every last drop of juice). Bad....I leave it to your imagination /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif