• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Fire~Fly2 "Factory Seconds" sale NOW OVER-SOLD OUT

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale NOW OVER-SOLD

FF2 parts received, Thank you Doug.

cy

Flashaholic

Doug, just got my FF2 in. low is greenie, but high is brite white w/slight blueish tint. This is not a second.

performs just like most of my sammies. Hbins mostly stay white on low. most everything else goes green. unless you are driving with PWM of course.

I must compliment you on better communications... now if you would just get rid of those pesky backorders.

tiger

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale NOW OVER-SOLD OUT

Fire-Fly2 It arrived.
Thank you.

Amorphous

Enlightened
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale! Tuesday at 3

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Doug, I agree lathing off the lip would be the most effective, but not everyone has a lathe. also the lip would end up bare alminum with HA removed.

a thin shimm appears to be the best option, along with a longer screw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug / Cy,

I think I've figured it out and made my CR2 body with 2 stage switch working. It's kinda late now, but I will shoot some pictures.

1) Basically, I've used a .050 hex wrench to unscrew the "hex contact screw" at the bottom, and take out the 2 stage switch.

2) Next get a thin metal washer (approx 0.75mm), place it under the 2 stage switch...

3) Now using the hex wrench and holding everything upside down the "screw" + "washer" + "2 stage switch"
and now fun part... SCREW UP.

After few attempts, and it's now working pretty well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Doug, just got my FF2 in. low is greenie, but high is brite white w/slight blueish tint. This is not a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, green on low-- white w/ a bit of blue on high. The tint on this "second" is actually far superior to the module that came with my "first". That was was the greenest LuxIII I've seen yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Unfortunately, this sammie is a little "short" and won't work as-is in my CR2 body. But better short than green I say.

Peter

lymph

Enlightened

Mine's a little green, but it doesn't bother me. I'll probably swap the emitter with another one I have and that will improve it.

My only gripe is with the 2 stage switch, which is tempermental even with the Dr. Scholls pads and everything else recommended here. It does work, though - I just have to remember to turn the head quite a bit past "off", lest the light come on randomly.

I also got some o-rings and a 0.8mm thick sapphire lens and I plan on trying cy's optic mod to improve the beam shape. Again, even if I can't get a perfect NX05 beam, I can live with it. Maybe I'll try and make a reflector...

Anyway, very cool light - my favorite one so far.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, it's good to hear people are receiving their lights! Some of the lights were less green than others, but that's why they were seconds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If your sammie is short, add a bit to the solder blob, and you should be able to use the head on either body. It may take a bit of balancing, but the design was to have the same head work on both bodies, so it should be completely do-able.

As for backorders, I'd like nothing better than to get them out of my hair, BELIEVE ME!! I've not heard anything back from my machinist, so the adapter tubes are still in limbo. They are the only things holding back the progress of the orders, now. I have tried to contact the machinist a couple of times in the last 2 weeks, but their answering machine doesn't work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'll try them again on Monday, but obviously, the parts won't be ready to go for Christmas, as I'd hoped they would be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

On a lighter note, I have finally finished the last 2 weeks of STRESSS! I had test, exams and assignments out the wazoo (very uncomfortable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), and it cut down on the time I have been able to go online. I'll be away from Dec 21 until Dec 30, so I will not be able to reply to any emails during that time. I might be able to find an Internet Cafe, but I am not certain, so we'll leave it at that.

cy

Flashaholic

doug, Thanks very much for the headsup you will be out of pocket for those dates.

any news, even bad news is better than no news...

sebast

Enlightened

Alu head received, thanks Doug!

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

sebast - I'm glad it finally arrived! It's been a long wait.