Fire Foxes FF3 -- I Am Blown Away!! **NEW BEAMSHOTS ADDED**

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know, by any chance, how the FF3 compares to the Microfire K3500R (Warrior III) beamwise ? and what would be the percepted difference in output ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/phils383/IMG_0477_zps41b4f53d.jpg
Is this what your looking for? I will try to take some photos this weekend but I can tell you the FF3 is brighter and has better color than the MF all day!

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

CNR

Newly Enlightened
Yes, please !!! i'd be obliged !! And i'm also very interested in your view on how the two beams compare in throw/spill ratio, the warrior has a generous wide spill, enough to be aware of your surrounding at night, and a bright large hot spot to see far ahead where you're going, has the FF3's beam more throw and less spill, about the same, or the other way around ?
How much brighter you'd say ? I take it you're talking of the overall output and not only the hotspot, right ?

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Yes, please !!! i'd be obliged !! And i'm also very interested in your view on how the two beams compare in throw/spill ratio, the warrior has a generous wide spill, enough to be aware of your surrounding at night, and a bright large hot spot to see far ahead where you're going, has the FF3's beam more throw and less spill, about the same, or the other way around ?
How much brighter you'd say ? I take it you're talking of the overall output and not only the hotspot, right ?

I will start by saying I'm not a photographer!!!! With that said the below pics are taken with my IPhone 5. lol I will let the pictures do the talking. If I had to guess the field is about 175-200yrd across. Both lights where allowed to warm up for about 2 minutes before taking any pics.

Microfire III K3500

FF3!!!! :poof:

And just for the hell of it here is my Olight SR95SUT

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Sorry Norm..........

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an FF3 inbound. (great pic btw).
I hope mine looks as nice as yours.
WOW, what a great looking beam, and powerful, yikes.
The tint is pretty awesome as well.

CNR

Newly Enlightened
:eek: ok, if these photos have been taken with the same cam adjustments i'm more than impressed !! i'd still be impressed if they haven't.....
the difference looks huge !!!
Beam of the FF3 looks floody, big spill with enormous hotspot but still throwing far due to sheer power, seems quite usable for daylight walks in the night :twothumbs i bet birds will start to sing as you pass also :laughing:

one2tim

Enlightened
:eek: ok, if these photos have been taken with the same cam adjustments i'm more than impressed !! i'd still be impressed if they haven't.....
the difference looks huge !!!
Beam of the FF3 looks floody, big spill with enormous hotspot but still throwing far due to sheer power, seems quite usable for daylight walks in the night :twothumbs i bet birds will start to sing as you pass also :laughing:

They dont sing but flop away everywhere. Tried one night to walk around the lake we have near but seriously all bird life flew away, all swans ducks, and pigeons in the trees. All get scared. So i dont walk that route with my ff3 anymore. But yes its really great for walking as it have big sidespill and quite long throw at the same time.

CNR

Newly Enlightened
n2deep : so impressed that i forgot to thank you :eek: ... :thanks:

one2tim : i see :) feels more like an invasion than a night walk, right ? To tell you the truth there are only a (very) few places, remote enough, where i dare to use my Microfire in fear i will disturb or alarm other ppl, but i want this light anyway.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Your Welcome! Like I was saying I just took the pictures with my Iphone 5 but I just looked at iphoto info for all the pics and they all say ISO3200 and F/2.4. The Microfire was my brightest light until two weeks ago. I have purchased a Olight SR95SUT, Fenix TK75, & FF3. I have banned myself from the marketplace and Im about to ban myself from CPF all together. LOL Oh poop my wife just sat beside me gotta go!!!

CNR

Newly Enlightened
That's what i call shopping your heart out !! :drool:unfortunately my "secret funds" aren't enough for buying so many at a time, and i don't seem to have much success trying to convince my wife that a nuclear winter is imminent, so....
Olight, though an incredible light, too dedicated thrower for my use, about the TK75 what do you think of it ? It's on my wish list, do you think it could possibly replace the Microfire ? (ie same if not higher output, usefull beam for wandering in the night but smaller form factor and more flexible power source)

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
That's what i call shopping your heart out !! :drool:unfortunately my "secret funds" aren't enough for buying so many at a time, and i don't seem to have much success trying to convince my wife that a nuclear winter is imminent, so....
Olight, though an incredible light, too dedicated thrower for my use, about the TK75 what do you think of it ? It's on my wish list, do you think it could possibly replace the Microfire ? (ie same if not higher output, usefull beam for wandering in the night but smaller form factor and more flexible power source)

The TK75 is an awesome light as well! Super bright with great throw but also very floody. This light to me is the best out of all of them for overall use. 1 hour 20 minutes on turbo and 200 hours on low (18 lumens). Also has med and high so you have plenty of options with incredible run time.

CNR

Newly Enlightened
so, since i know the Microfire isn't putting out 3600lm but less, would you compare it with the TK75 in output ? I'm really curious..

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
so, since i know the Microfire isn't putting out 3600lm but less, would you compare it with the TK75 in output ? I'm really curious..

That's a tough one. They are pretty close in comparison of light output. Just remember that you will need to buy 4 18650 cells and a good charger if you don't already have one so you will need to add about 100$ US on top of the price for the light. If I have time tonight I will go back to that field and take a photo of the TK75 for you too. I mean what are these threads w/o pictures anyway!!

There is a TK70 w batteries and a charger in the market place for 225.00 right now. That might be a good option as well.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
CNR There is a FF3 for sale in the market place right now #1 it was just added!! You better hurry!!

CNR

Newly Enlightened
They are pretty close in comparison of light output

Hmm.. i was afraid of that ... and, as you said, the multiple levels, better runtime, smaller size makes the TK75 a true winner but the MF served me well for 3 years now... tough call. TK70 too large
Thanks for the ring about the FF3 but isn't it a bit pricey (EDIT:and doesn't seem to be willing to ship overseas) ? Flashlight-torch.com has it new for US270 and they say they will have a new batch in a month or so...
I think i'll get the TK75 now from Europe (no custom taxes) and hopefully the FF3 on March or so (praying that it won't cost me an arm and leg at customs)
:broke:

Last edited:

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Ugh oh..... Pulled out my protected AW 3400 cells today to check on them and this is what I found. Looks like ill be buying AW IMR cells after all. I really hate using unprotected cells!

Latest posts