First purchase 2014?

ven

Flashaholic
Just got the newer version (2.0) of the Coast HP550 or should I say HP550.2? Walmart had them. Now at 1075 lumens, 6:15 hrs runtime on high, and 351 m of throw. I've got my Eneloops in it now. Two and half months into this year, and this was my first purchase ;-)

This light appeals to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said in another thread a while back that i almost imported(cant get them in uk )iirc price was around the equiv of £50 so $80 and imo worth it,iirc its 6xAA cells(or is it 8) either way looks a great all round light,i do like the options of flood/throw for certain applications,also the twist head to lock(like my lenser t7.2)

Pics would be great if you have any:D i may still get one at a later date ........

johnroq220

Newly Enlightened
Klarus xt11 upgrade & Fenix UC40 UR

Got a Klarus X11 upgaded version last march and a Fenix UC40 UE just last week...got interested on the XT11 because of the simple UI and it's so nice in those pics that I've seen here in CF...not yet a member then I was just scanning the web about led flashlights and I discover that there are forums about flashlights.
As for the Fenix UC40 really I didn't know anything about the light as I'm really after the PD35 to be my next edc..but when I saw the UC 40 with its self charging feature and it also came with a free fenix ARB-L1T 18650 plus 960 lumens in XM-L2 I did not hesitate on getting it.

Red Jacket Mike

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix RC40 arriving tomorrow. The only other LED light I own is a Fenix PD20. I've just recently become interested in high quality LED flashlights, and have not owned a large powerful light before.

I own a cottage in an extremely remote area of Lake Superior, with no outdoor lighting, so hopefully the RC40 can shed some light on my property at night when needed.

amspratt

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Solar Force L2P Host thinking it would be cheaper to roll my own light then to just buy a dang Zebralight. Then I got started looking at drop-ins:faint:. I'm starting to ask "Why didn't I take the blue pill?" This is quite the rabbit hole!

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hadn't bought anything for a few months so my first light of the year is one I have high hopes for, K50vn PDT :). I also have 4 x Panasonic 3100 18650s on the way for it. Curious to see how they compare at high amp draw compared to my 3400s.

edpmis02

Enlightened
Taking a break for awhile. 75% of my lights go unused.

I did buy a Core i7, but that is my original (more expensive) obsession.

car: every 10 years
computer: every 5 years
flashlights: 40 - $50 is/was a reasonably affordable hobby

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking a break for awhile. 75% of my lights go unused.

I did buy a Core i7, but that is my original (more expensive) obsession.

car: every 10 years
computer: every 5 years
flashlights: 40 - $50 is/was a reasonably affordable hobby
First light i bought in 2014 was a mako flood. With the shipping and customs, this dim little aaa light costs the same as a i7 :) Lots of my lights costs more than a i7, so its not always a cheap hobby.