first successfull cnc engraving

cncwhiz

Newly Enlightened
Nice work. I have always used a center drill or other tool with a bevel angle and small web to do engraving. Good practice you did with stepping down in .001 increments to get it to the depth you wanted. I have a vise I made that I put my name in the top of a few months ago and went to deep. I have to mill out the pocket deeper and redo it. What software did you use to do this? I have used Mastercam and GibbsCam. I have an 80% lower as well that I need to do the writing in, just haven't had a chance. Saw a pic on facebook a few weeks ago where someone had written "no pew, pew, and pew pew pew" on a safety slector in pen on a military rifle. I thought that was pretty good, lol. I think I might do the pictograms on mine, like you see on a HK 416. I got my lower from Colfax Tactical. It is a very nicely done piece and they were great to deal with. I can easily finish the machining and all. The reason I bought mine is just to have another piece on my rifle that I made. I like having that satisfaction. I made the muzzle device on mine as well, and that was a challenge. It is fully pinned and welded. It's main purpose was to get the barrel out to 16+", as it is 14.5 without a muzzle device.