Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

Armando21

Newly Enlightened
LOL actually all I see in movies are cheap flashlights I would love to see a scary movie and the chick pulls out a fenix pd31 out of her pocket lol but that's not gonna happen

Quiksilver

Enlightened
LOL actually all I see in movies are cheap flashlights I would love to see a scary movie and the chick pulls out a fenix pd31 out of her pocket lol but that's not gonna happen

Or a Malkoff Wildcat. Even further from possibility.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"

Episode - "Tressed to Kill."

(Not a typo.) Kept seeing some lights throughout this new episode that definitely didn't look like SureFire models. At one point, I thought I saw what might be a SureFire Fury. But the bezel didn't look quite right. Then, in another scene, there was a clear look at the flashlight Nick Stokes was using. It was clearly a Streamlight Scorpion LED model. No mistaking that distinctive look of combination rubberized body, and fins on the metal bezel.

The series started off with Streamlight. Then switched to SureFire for more years than I can recall. Now it seems that the series has come full circle and returned to Streamlight.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
a friend send me a shot from The Descendants (2011)
the scene at the beach where George Clooney and the little daughter meet at night the other daughter. drunk.
snap406.png

Anyone knows which light the woman is holding?
Is it a high power LED flashlight?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Paranormal Activity 3 over the weekend, and at one point, the parents check on the two little girls camping in the backyard in a tent, and one of the girls is playing with a blue 3D (maybe 2D) Mag, and the other had an unidentified flashlight.

headers

Newly Enlightened
The House of Dark Shadows (1970)

The first movie version extremely loosely based on the very popular horror soap-opera. Just as cheesy and campy as the TV series. All the same main actors playing the same main roles. But apparently set in an alternate reality in which none of your favorite characters are safe from being brutalized, killed off, or even worse. Very fast paced, even by movie standards. With a great deal of shouting tossed in as well. The ending, last 15 minutes of the film, is particularly mind-blowing and brutal. Even for those who didn't grow up watching the series, the movie is worth seeing, just for that ending.

The same old chrome D-cell flashlight is used in a handful of scenes. The main one being when Todd Jennings goes to the cemetery to check that Carolyn is actually in her tomb. Turns out she's not . . .

Here you go,

shot0031ky.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - "FreakyLinks"

Episode - "Subject: Desert Squid! Myth or Legend?"

The gang investigates rumors of a desert squid out in New Mexico. They find a secret, abandoned, underground research lab. Turns out there's quite a bit of truth to the rumor. Chloe uses what can best be described as the predecessor to the SureFire M4 as she helps the others search through the lab. They discover a video-tape, and a small dog. They'll soon discover something else, in a rather odd and surprising confrontation.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
ABC's new show "The River" has got a ton of flashlights in it. I wish I could identify them, but I'm a newb..

redsox985

Newly Enlightened
Just saw a commercial for that new movie "Gone". At the very end of the commercial, a hand stick a flash light into a hole and it's either an M4 or M6, I think I saw the fatter M6 body, but it was definitely the M4/M6 head.

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
This may have been mentioned before; but its a very unusual LED 'Stake' / Tent peg light (made from aluminium or titanium?) - operated by 'shaking' it on/off.
Unusual LED emitter design as well - made of 4 columns of 6 LEDs (in a rectangualar configuration).

LoV4S.png

from a Stargate Atlantis episode...

Stream

Enlightened

Are you kidding. Seems like all they ever use is high-end stuff. In movies, most people have Surefire M6s lying around in kitchen drawers - as opposed to the typical 2 D cell plastic cheapos with depleted batteries that you would find in the kitchen drawers of most real people.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Series - "FreakyLinks"

Episode - "Subject: Desert Squid! Myth or Legend?"

The gang investigates rumors of a desert squid out in New Mexico. They find a secret, abandoned, underground research lab. Turns out there's quite a bit of truth to the rumor. Chloe uses what can best be described as the predecessor to the SureFire M4 as she helps the others search through the lab. They discover a video-tape, and a small dog. They'll soon discover something else, in a rather odd and surprising confrontation.

I forgot about that series...I was SERIOUSLY in love with Chloe!

She was never on screen enough for me!
drool2ts4.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I caught an interesting boo boo at the movies the other day. It actually relates to lanterns, not flashlights. In the movie Woman in Black, the main character (Daniel Radcliff) was holding an oil lantern similar to a Dietz type. In most scenes, this was ok. In one in particular, early on, the lantern had a very short bail (handle). Most often, the bail is thin and long so that while carrying the lantern, your hand is far enough above the lantern that burns don't occur. In this scene, the bail was very short, no more than a hand-hold; clearly it was intended for hanging, not carrying the lantern. But there Daniel was, gripping the very short loop that was directly attached to the TOP of the lantern (true bails are attached at the side to avoid heat transferrance) with a very active flame inside. He didn't even have his wand out or anything...

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it's already in this thread, but does anyone watch american pickers on the history channel? They always have flashlighs when rummaging through stuff, often wonder what they type of light they are using.

Jroddz

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it's already in this thread, but does anyone watch american pickers on the history channel? They always have flashlighs when rummaging through stuff, often wonder what they type of light they are using.

Looks like a mini-maglite. I can't tell if it's an LED model or incandescent though.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks like a mini-maglite. I can't tell if it's an LED model or incandescent though.

I posted about American Pickers awhile back. (Possibly in the 3rd edition of this topic.)

The guys tend to use a variety of different hand-held lights during different episodes. A red 2AA Mini-Maglite (inca.) did appear in at least one episode.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like they use a lot of cheapie showerhead type lights for the most part, at least that I've been able to tell. I have seen MMs more than once though.